Pac-12 announces volleyball players of the week - Jan. 26, 2021
Offensive Player of the Week: Dani Drews, SR, OH, Utah (Sandy, Utah)
4.67 KPS, .317 Pct., 3 SA, 3.50 DPS, 0.33 BPS, 5.4 PPS
- Led Utah’s offense to start its season 2-0 with a pair of 3-0 sweeps of Arizona.
- Totaled 28 kills on .317 hitting.
- Had double-double of 15 kills and 12 digs in first match of the season.
- Finished one dig shy of double-double in second match (13 kills, nine digs).
Defensive Player of the Week: Georgia Murphy, SO, LB, Oregon (The Woodlands, Texas)
- Amassed a Pac-12 leading 41 digs through the opening weekend of league play.
- Set a career-high with 29 digs in Sunday's win at Washington State.
- Most digs by an Oregon player since Brooke Nuneviller against Colorado on Nov. 16, 2018.
- Tied for the most digs in a match by a Pac-12 player on opening weekend.
Freshman of the Week: Marta Levinska, FR, OH, Arizona State (Riga, Latvia)
4.43 KPS, .250 Pct., 2.71 DPS, 0.71 BPS, 4.8 PPS
- Made her collegiate debut by leading the Sun Devils to a season-opening upset via sweep at then-No. 8 Washington.
- Registered 18 kills against just one error along with nine digs and three block assists in her first match in Friday’s win over the Huskies. Helped the Sun Devils hit .364 in the win, the 10th-highest hitting percentage in program history and highest since 2013.
- First win in Seattle since 2012 and first top-10 win since 2015.
- Recorded first collegiate double-double with 13 kills and 10 digs in Saturday’s rematch.
Offensive: Iman Isanovic, ASU; Elissa Alcantara, COLO; Gloria Mutrir, ORE; Maddie Goings, OSU; Mac May, UCLA; Samantha Drechsel, WASH; Julianna Dalton, WSU.
Defensive: Ella Snyder, ASU; Brynna DeLuzio, COLO; Grace Massey, OSU; Emily Ryan, UCLA; Kennedi Evans, UTAH; Lauren Sanders, WASH.
Freshman: Aliyah McDonald, OSU; Iman Ndiaye, UCLA; Vanessa Ramirez, UTAH; Sophie Summers, WASH; Julianna Dalton; WSU.
|Jan. 26||Dani Drews, Utah||Georgia Murphy, Oregon||Marta Levinska, Arizona State|