OSU Makes Home Debut with Weekend Series Against USC
• Oregon State will look to bounce back in its home opener series against USC at 6 pm (PT) Friday and noon Sunday in Gill Coliseum.
• Friday and Sunday's matches will be available for live stream via Oregon State Live Stream.
• Fans can find both the streams by visiting the volleyball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
• Live stats will be available for both matches. Fans can access links to live stats by visiting the volleyball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
AGAINST THE TROJANS
• Oregon State trails the all-time series with USC, 9-57
• The Beavers fell 3-1 in last year's match in Corvallis. OSU opened the match with a 25-21 victory before the Trojans went on to win three straight sets with scores of 25-19, 25-18, and 25-22.
• USC has won the last 11 matches in the series. OSU's last win against the Trojans was a 3-1 victory in 2008.
• USC went 18-14 overall and 11-9 in conference play in 2019.
• Under first-year head coach Brad Keller, the Trojans were picked to finish fifth in the conference.
• Brooke Botkin who finished fifth on the team in kills (218) and second in kills per set (3.07) in 2019 was tabbed to the Pac-12 Preseason All-Conference Team with Raquel Lazaro who led the Trojans in digs (353) and assists (1,424), and third in aces (22) last season.
LAST TIME OUT
• OSU fell in its season opening series against Colorado on Jan. 22 (3-0) and Jan. 24 (3-1).
• Senior libero Grace Massey led the Beavers in both matches in digs, compiling 30 on the weekend.
• Freshman setter Izzi Szulczewski made her presence felt in the first weekend of play, leading Oregon State with 53 assists. The freshman added four kills, three kills, two aces, and 16 digs in the first two games.
Oregon State volleyball fans are encouraged to join Off the Bench, the program's new donor club. Click here for more information or call Alex Gary in Our Beaver Nation at 541-737-2370.
For more information on the Oregon State volleyball team, follow the club's official Twitter account at Twitter.com/BeaverVBall, by Facebook at Facebook.com/BeaverVBall or on Instagram at Instagram.com/BeaverVBall.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).