Two Home Matches Against WSU Set For Thursday and Saturday
TEMPE, Ariz. – Coming off of a big top-10 win to start the season, Sun Devil Volleyball will host Washington State this Thursday and Saturday to kick off the home slate.
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (1-1)
- Arizona State opened up the season strong, taking down No. 8 Washington in straight sets on the road in the opener. The Sun Devils dropped the second match in four sets.
- Freshman Marta Levinska had a stellar opening weekend to her college career, earning the Pac-12 Freshman of the Week nod. She led the team in kills in the win on Friday and earned her first double-double on Saturday. She totaled a team-high 31 kills over the weekend.
- Another freshman made a splash in her debut. Ella Snyder paced the offense with 37 assists in each match. She also had double-doubles in each match, with 29 digs on Saturday. It was the first double-double with 20+ in two categories since Nicole Peterson did so in 2018. Additionally, she had a team-high 40 total digs over the two matches.
- Outside hitter Iman Isanovic lived up to her high expectations after a strong freshman campaign in 2019. She totaled 28 kills and 20 digs while hitting .250 and earning five aces.
- The libero role was taken by sophomore Annika Larson. She tallied 37 digs in her first weekend leading the defense.
Washington State (1-1)
- WSU split its matches at Oregon to start the season. The Cougars won the first match in four sets before dropping the second in a five-set thriller.
- Two Cougars have tallied more than 20 kills so far this season. Pia Timmer and Julianna Dalton have 28 and 27 total kills, respectively. Hannah Pukis leads the team in two categories: assists (78) and digs (32).
- In 2019, Washington State made it to the NCAA tournament, falling in four sets to San Diego in the opening round. They ended the season with a 23-10 record.
- Last season, Arizona State swept the season series against Washington State, winning both matchups while the Cougars were ranked. Isanovic earned her career high in kills with 20 at the win in Pullman.
How to Watch
The two teams will face off on Thursday at noon MST and Saturday at 11 a.m. MST. Both matches will be on the ASU Live Stream. Additionally, fans can follow along with live scoring and on Twitter (@SunDevilVB).