Women's Tennis Sweeps Idaho State To Begin Dual Season
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah women's tennis team opened the 2021 season by sweeping the Idaho State Bengals 7-0 on Saturday afternoon at the George S. Eccles Tennis Center.
The Utes' top doubles team of Madeline Lamoreaux and Emily Dush got the day started for Utah after cruising to a 6-1 win over Idaho State's Cvetkovic/Cho. Shortly after, Anya Lamoreaux and Lindsay Hung were able to clinch the doubles point with a 6-2 win on court two.
Utah's third duo of Jasmine Rich and Anastasia Goncharova fell behind early in their match, but battled all the way back to pull out a 7-6 (4) win, and a Utah doubles sweep.
Singles was all Utah as all six courts were able to pick up wins in two-set matches. Madeline Lamoreaux picked up the first Ute singles win when she flew by Alexandra Arkhipov 6-1, 6-2. Shortly after her sister's win, Anya Lamoreaux locked up her win on court five, winning 6-0, 6-3. Continuing the momentum, Hung picked up the quick win on court two, downing Cho 6-1, 6-1.
Dush tabbed a dominant 6-1, 6-1 win in the No. 3 position for the Utes, while Rich battled her way to a 6-2, 6-3 win on court six. Rounding out the Ute wins was Goncharova, who posted a 6-4, 6-1 win at the No. 3 spot.
Utah women's tennis will be back in action next Thursday, Feb. 4 when the team hosts New Mexico State. Utah and NMSU will have the first serve come at 1 p.m. MT.
Utah 7, ISU 0
1. Madeline Lamoreaux (UTAH) def. Alexandra Arkhipov (ISU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Lindsay Hung (UTAH) def. Hana Cho (ISU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Anastasia Goncharova (UTAH) def. Sol O'Lideadha (ISU) 6-4, 6-1
4. Emily Dush (UTAH) def. Angela Walker (ISU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Anya Lamoreaux (UTAH) def. Lola O'Lideadha (ISU) 6-0, 6-3
6. Jasmine Rich (UTAH) def. Megan Lang-Gould (ISU) 6-2, 6-3
1. Madeline Lamoreaux/Emily Dush (UTAH) def. Hristina Cvetkovic/Hana Cho (ISU) 6-1
2. Anya Lamoreaux/Lindsay Hung (UTAH) def. Angela Walker/Alexandra Arkhipov (ISU) 6-2
3. Jasmine Rich/Anastasia Goncharova (UTAH) def. Sol O'Lideadha/Lola O'Lideadha (ISU) 7-6 (7-4)