Beavers Set to Open Season Wednesday
THE GAME: The Oregon State men's soccer team will open the regular season this week, when it takes on Eastern Oregon in Corvallis. The Beavers will face the Mountaineers Wednesday at 5 p.m.
FOLLOW ALONG: Live stats for this week's match will be available at OSUBeavers.com and every match this season can be followed on Twitter at @BeaverMSoccer.
2021 SEASON: The Pac-12 delayed the start of the soccer season to February due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Oregon State returns 16 of its 24 goals and 24 of its 31 assists from last season.
- Two Beavers have played every minute last season: Sofiane Djeffal and Adrian Fernandez.
- All five of Oregon State's defeats last season came by a one-goal margin.
- Oregon State has 13 international players on the squad this season, compared to 14 domestic players.
- Terry Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in Oregon State history.
- Joel Walker, Adrian Crespo, Sofian Djeffal and Adrian Fernandezall started every game for Oregon State last season. Joe Hafferty started all 15 matches he played in, missing one contest due to red card suspension.
- The Beavers have never faced Eastern Oregon in program history
- Oregon State was 15-4-3 at home over the last two seasons.
- The Beavers have lost just one of their last 11 home games.
- Joe Hafferty as selected with 37th overall pick in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft. Hafferty was selected in the second round by Inter Miami, but was later traded to the Seattle Sounders.
- The Beavers have had 11 player taken in the MLS Draft all-time, headlined by No. 1 overall pick in 2010 Danny Mwanga and No. 2 overall pick in 2015 Khiry Shelton.