Dawgs Hit the Road to Face Oregon State on Thursday
UW (3-12, 2-8 P12) at Oregon St. (8-7, 4-5 P12)
Washington hits the road and heads down to face the Oregon schools this week, first facing off at Oregon State in Corvallis on Thursday, Feb. 4 at 6 p.m. The game will be televised by Pac-12 Networks with Rich Burke and Eldridge Recasner on the call. Additionally, fans can tune into KJR 950AM to hear Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast. The two teams have faced off 305 times with Washington owns a 163-142 mark in the all-time series. Coach Hopkins is 4-2 when facing off against the Beavers with all six meetings being decided by 10 points or less, including three overtime contests.
The Coach (66-51 at UW/4th Year)
Head Coach Mike Hopkins is in his fourth year at Washington, and fourth as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. During his 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, Hopkins was a part of teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. Hopkins is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year, winning the honor in each of his first two seasons with the Huskies as he led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons with postseason appearances each year. (2018 NIT, 2019 NCAA Second Round).
• Against the Cougs, senior Quade Green recorded his sixth 20-point game of the season and his third in the last four games ...he also recorded his second-straight 20-point effort which is the second time in his career he has had back-to-back 20-point nights ... he now has nine 20-point games in his 30-game UW career
• The last player to reach nine 20-point scoring nights in 30 games was Jaylen Nowell who did it in 29 games during his freshman season (2017-18)
• Washington's 14 assists on 21 made FGs against Washington State was a season-high
• All six of junior transfer Erik Stevenson's double-digit scoring nights this season have come in the last six games where he is averaging 17.0 points and 4.0 rebounds in that span while shooting 44.2 percent from 3... Prior to the California game, Stevenson had only made four from long distance, he has since made 19
• UW has had four players score at least 26 points in a game this season in Bey (28), Tsohonis (27), Stevenson (27) and Green (26)
• Redshirt sophomore Nate Roberts is currently sixth in the league in rebounding, averaging 6.8 per game overall and is fourth in Pac-12 games pulling down 7.1 per night.
• Bey currently leads the league in 3-point FG percentage at 52.8 percent and is third in Pac-12 games in shooting 53.6 percent (15-of-28) ... 28 of his 36 3-point attempts on the season have come during league action
• In Washington's two wins over Utah and Colorado, the Huskies shot 50 percent from the field (57-114) and 49 percent from 3-point range (24-49) ... the Dawgs also scored 80 or more points in back-to-back games for just the fifth time under head coach Mike Hopkins and the first time since a pair of games in December of 2019 (Dec. 17 v. Seattle/Dec. 22 vs. Ball St.)
• Jamal Bey became the fourth Husky to record a 20-point night with his career-high 28 against Utah, which are also the most points scored by a Husky since David Crisp scored 32 at California on Feb. 28, 2019
• Marcus Tsohonis had a career-night in efficient fashion as he scored a career-best 27 points in 27 minutes on 9-of-13 shooting from the field including 4-of-6 from three and was perfect from the FT line (5-of-5)
• UW hit a season-high 12 from 3-point range against Utah and over the last three games have combined for 31 from long distance ... the last time UW hit at least 12 from 3 was against Arizona on Jan. 30, 2020 when 14 were made ... prior to the California game, UW had not hit more than eight threes in a game
• From 3-point range, UW has been shooting 44.2 percent over the last six outings compared to its season percentage of 32.6
• Green has 131 career assists at UW in just 30 games ... averaging 4.4 a game while being a Husky
• Wright currently has 122 career blocks which is sixth all-time at UW ... he is now 15 behind fifth place (137, Malik Dime) and 64 behind the UW record of 186 (Matisse Thybulle and Christian Welp)