Utah Women's Basketball Headed To Bay Area To Take On Cal Friday
The University of Utah Women's Basketball team is set for a pair of games in the Bay Area, starting at California on Friday, Feb. 5. The game is set for a 7 p.m. MT tip, but will not be televised.
HOW TO TUNE IN
Utah's game against California will be live streamed via Cal, available on UtahUtes.com. Fans can also tune in to ESPN 700 with Tyson Ewing and Amanda Smith giving play-by-play action on the radio. Live stats for the game will be available on UtahUtes.com via the women's basketball schedule page.
• Utah ranks sixth in the Pac-12 in total steals (120), racking up 10-or-more in seven games, including in two of the last three.
• Utah's underclassmen (3 sophomores, 4 freshmen) have scored 563 of Utah's 890 points (63%).
• The Utes bring size to the court this season, averaging out at 6-1 between the 14 players on the roster. Ten of Utah's 14 squad members are 6-0 or taller.
• Utah ranks second in the Pac-12 in three-pointers attempted (319), third in three-point field goals made (102), fourth in three-point field goals made per game (7.3) and sixth in three-point field goal percentage (.320).
• Utah has won three of its last four games against California when playing in Berkeley, including last year's 71-62 victory on Jan. 24, 2020.
Utah will stay in the Bay Area to take on the No. 6 Stanford Cardinal on Sunday, Feb. 7, its eighth top-15 opponent this season. The game will tip off at 2 p.m. MT and will air on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Bay Area and Pac-12 Mountain.
STAY HOME, STAY ENGAGED
With fans not allowed in the arena per the Pac-12 health guidelines, there are several ways to stay up-to-date and engaged in the game. Fans can follow the Utes on Twitter (@UtahWBB) and Instagram (@UtahWBB) along with catching interesting and informative stories on UtahUtes.com.
• Utah ranks second in the Pac-12 in free throw attempts (262) and first in free throws made (188).
• Utah knocked down a season-high 25 free throws against Oregon State (1/31). That ties for the most by a Pac-12 team this season.
• Utah's 12 turnovers against Oregon State (1/31) was a season-low for the Utes.
• Utah shot a season-high 51-percent from the floor (23-45) and 50-percent from the three (9-18) in its win against Arizona State (1/24).
• Utah is shooting 39-percent overall this season, but had shot 40-percent or higher in three of the last four games.
• The Utes have 120 steals through 14 games this season, recording 10-or-more as a team in seven games.
• Utah had 18 made field goals on 15 assists (83%) against Stanford (1/15).
• Utah's 53 second half points against Washington (1/3) is the most in a half by the Utes this season and the second time they've scored 50+ in a half (50 in second vs. Oregon State, 12/8). It was the most points in a half by the Utes since Utah recorded 58 in the second half against Washing-ton on Feb. 18, 2018.
• Utah's 29 points in the fourth quarter against Washington (1/3) is the most by the Utes in a quarter this season. It is the most the Utes have scored in a single quarter since they dropped 34 in the fourth against UCLA on Feb. 10, 2019.