Cal-Stanford, Round One
BERKELEY – California goes for its third straight win against rival Stanford when the two teams clash inside Haas Pavilion at 6 p.m. PT on Thursday, Feb. 4. The game will be televised on ESPN2 with Roxy Bernstein (PxP) and Adrian Branch (analyst) on the call.
Thursday's contest is the first of back-to-back games between Cal and Stanford this week. They will face one another again Sunday, Feb. 7 on the Farm in a game that was originally scheduled for March 6/7, but was moved to free up the final week of the regular season to allow for previously postponed games to be played at that time.
The last time Cal (7-12, 2-10 Pac-12) battled Stanford, the Bears came away with a 63-51 win in the first round of the 2020 Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas on March 11. It was Cal's second consecutive win over the Cardinal, following a 52-50 win in Berkeley on Jan. 26, 2020.
Cal has lost four straight games entering Thursday, while Stanford (10-7, 6-5 Pac-12) has dropped two in a row, including a loss to USC at home Tuesday.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Watch: ESPN2 | Roxy Bernstein (PxP) & Adrian Branch (Analyst)
- Listen: KGO 810 AM /TuneIn | Rich Cellini (PxP) & Todd McKim (Analyst)
- Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- The Bears went 2-1 against Stanford during the 2019-20 season, winning the final two matchups in Berkeley and at the Pac-12 Tournament in Las Vegas. The tournament win over Stanford was Mark Fox's 300th career victory.
- A win on Thursday would mark the first time Cal has won three straight games against Stanford since winning three in a row from 2008-09 to 2009-10. The Bears lead the all-time series, 152-126, including a 59-46 record when playing in Berkeley.
- Matt Bradley (18.2 points per game) has scored 20-plus points in two of three games since returning from a pair of ankle injuries that sidelined him for five consecutive games and seven of nine from Dec. 19-Jan. 21. Bradley went for 26 points at Arizona State on Jan. 28 before pouring in 21 on 7-for-10 shooting (5-for-6 3PT) at Arizona on Jan. 30.
- The Bears are 5-4 at Haas Pavilion this season, despite losing two in a row on their court. Since the start of the 2019-20 season, Cal is 17-9 overall at home with seven of those wins coming in Pac-12 play.
- Andre Kelly is third among Pac-12 players in total field-goal percentage (60.0) and field-goal percentage in conference play (65.4).
- Bradley (26 points, 10 rebounds) and Kelly (16 points, career-high 13 rebounds) posted double-doubles in Cal's loss to ASU (Jan. 28).
- Makale Foreman (39) and Ryan Betley (38) are ranked 1-2 among Pac-12 players in 3-pointers made this season. Cal is second among Pac-12 teams with 142 3-pointers made this season.
- Joel Brown set career highs in points (15) and rebounds (7) in Cal's loss vs. USC on Jan. 23. He continues to lead the Pac-12 in steals (30).
- The Bears are 6-0 this season when scoring 70 or more points, most recently including Pac-12 victories at Utah and vs. Washington.