Home Matches Against No. 8 Utah Set For This Weekend For Sun Devils
TEMPE, Ariz. – For the second weekend in a row, Sun Devil Volleyball will be at Desert Financial Arena for two matches, this time hosting No. 8 Utah on Friday and Sunday.
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (1-3)
- Arizona State is coming off of a pair of setbacks against Washington State at home. The Sun Devils won the opening set of both matches before ultimately coming up short.
- Last season, Arizona State lost both matches against Utah. The Sun Devils took the Utes to five sets on the road but came up short.
- Outside hitter Iman Isanovic has lived up to her high expectations after a strong freshman campaign in 2019. She leads the team in total kills with 66 and 4.13 kills per set. In one match against WSU, she earned a career-high 22 kills. She has had two
double-doubles this season and had reached double figures in kills in all four matches.
- Ella Snyder has paced the offense in each match so far this season, totaling 148 assists so far. She also had three double-doubles, including a career-high 29 against Washington.
- The libero role has seen two Sun Devils so far this season. Sophomore Annika Larson has started at libero three times and leads the team in total digs with 68. Junior Paige Denton was the libero for the last match against the Cougars, earning a career-high 15 digs.
No. 8 Utah (4-0)
- The Utes are undefeated so far this season, after defeating both Arizona and Cal. Three of the four wins have been in straight sets.
- Three players have surpassed twenty kills this season. Dani Drews led Utah in kills (60), Kenzie Koerber (35) and Madelyn Robinson (27). Drews also leads the team in digs (36).
- In the conference, Utah is first in team hitting percentage with .320 and opponent hitting percentage with .072.
- Last season, Arizona State lost to Utah both times they met. ASU has not won against Utah since 2015.
How to Watch
The teams meet on Friday at 3 p.m. MST and Sunday at 1 p.m. MST. Both matches will be on the Pac-12 Network, or fans can follow along on Twitter (@SunDevilVB) or live scoring.