Washington Welcomes UCLA on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
UW (3-15, 2-11 P12) vs UCLA (13-5, 9-3 P12)
Washington continues its home-stand against the Los Angeles schools taking on UCLA this Saturday, Feb. 13 at 4:30 p.m. The game will be televised on the Pac-12 Networks with Rich Waltz and Eldridge Recasner on the call. Additionally, fans can tune into KJR 950AM to hear Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast. The Bruins won the first meeting between the two teams this season in Los Angeles, taking a close 81-76 victory on Jan. 16.
The Coach (66-54 at UW/4th Year)
Head Coach Mike Hopkins is in his fourth year at Washington, and fourth as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. During his 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, Hopkins was a part of teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. Hopkins is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year, winning the honor in each of his first two seasons with the Huskies as he led UW to back-to-back 20-win seasons with postseason appearances each year. (2018 NIT, 2019 NCAA Second Round).
• Washington held USC to just 69 points, the fewest points by an opponent since holding Montana to 66 on Dec. 16
• USC was kept to just 1-of-7 from the 3-point range making them the second team Washington has held to just one made from long distance (Colorado went 1-of-18 on Jan. 20)
• Jamal Bey has found his consistency and efficiency in the second half of the season ... over the last 10 games, he's averaging 13.7 points while shooting 52.9 percent from the field, 52.8 percent from the 3-point line and 73.7 percent from FT ... he is also pulling down 4.0 rebounds per game
• UW has had four players score at least 26 points in a game this season in Bey (28), Tsohonis (27), Stevenson (27) and Green (26)
• Redshirt sophomore Nate Roberts is currently 11th in the league in rebounding, averaging 6.2 per game overall and is 10th in Pac-12 games pulling down 6.2 per night.
• Bey currently leads the league in 3-point FG percentage at 52.3 percent and is second in Pac-12 games in shooting 52.8 percent (19-of-36) ... 36 of his 44 3-point attempts on the season have come during league action
• Senior Quade Green recorded his seventh 20-point game of the season at Oregon with 23 points ... it was also his third 20-point night in the last four outings ... he has 10 20-point games in his 32-game UW career
• Every Husky that saw action against USC pulled down at least one rebound, making it just the third game this season that all players in the box score recorded at least one (Colorado and Utah at home being the other two games)
• Washington was nearly perfect from the charity stripe at Oregon State, with a 20-of-22 mark (90.9 percent) ... UW previously went 100 percent from the FT line this season when facing Oregon in Seattle, going 10-of-10 on Dec. 12, 2020.
• All seven of junior transfer Erik Stevenson's double-digit scoring nights this season have come in the last nine games ... Prior to the California game, Stevenson had only made four from long distance, he has since made 21
• In Washington's two wins over Utah and Colorado, the Huskies shot 50 percent from the field (57-114) and 49 percent from 3-point range (24-49) ... the Dawgs also scored 80 or more points in back-to-back games for just the fifth time under head coach Mike Hopkins and the first time since a pair of games in December of 2019 (Dec. 17 v. Seattle/Dec. 22 vs. Ball St.)
• Green has 137 career assists at UW in just 33 games ... averaging 4.2 a game while being a Husky
• Wright currently has 126 career blocks which is sixth all-time at UW ... he is now 11 behind fifth place (137, Malik Dime) and 60 behind the UW record of 186 (Matisse Thybulle and Christian Welp)
• Under Coach Hopkins, the Huskies' 2-3 zone defense has helped the Dawgs record the top two FG% defense marks in the last 44 years (dating back to the 76-77 season) holding teams to 38.1% (2019-20) and 41.6% (2018-19)