Dawgs Take on Stanford Thursday at 8 p.m.
UW (4-16, 3-12 P12) vs Stanford (13-8, 9-6 P12)
Washington returns to Alaska Airlines Arena to continue its stretch of five games in 10 days by hosting Stanford on Thursday, Feb. 18 at 8 p.m. The game will be televised on Fox Sports 1 with Aaron Goldsmith and Dave Miller on the call. Additionally, fans can tune into KJR 950AM to hear Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast. Stanford won the first meeting between the two teams this season with a 91-75 victory in Santa Cruz. Washington owns a 50-22 mark against the Cardinal in Seattle.
The Coach (67-55 at UW/4th Year)
Head Coach Mike Hopkins is in his fourth year at Washington, and fourth as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. During his 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, Hopkins was a part of teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. Hopkins is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year, winning the honor in each of his first two seasons with the Huskies as he led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons with postseason appearances each year. (2018 NIT, 2019 NCAA Second Round).
• After allowing league opponents to score an average of 82.8 points in the first 13 games of Pac-12 action, the Huskies have kept the last three schools to 65.3 points per game ... the last time Washington held three straight opponents to 69 points or less was a stretch from Jan. 2-23, 2020 (seven games)
• Sophomore Marcus Tsohonis recorded his fifth 20-point scoring effort of the season with a career high 29 at WSU .. he has connected on 9 of 12 from 3-point range over the last two games
• The last time UW had two players record 5 or more 20-point efforts in a single season was during the 2018-19 campaign when Jaylen Nowell had 10 and Noah Dickerson had six.
• UW forced 19 turnovers at Washington State, the most since forcing Stanford to 22 turnovers on Jan. 7
• UW dished out 15 assists on 25 made FGs at WSU, its most assists of the season
• Prior to the WSU game, Tsohonis was the first UW player to score 20 or more points in three games off the bench since C.J. Wilcox had four 20-point nights from the bench in the 2011-12 season
• Junior Erik Stevenson had one of his best nights as a Husky against the Cougs as he scored 18 points and added a team high seven rebounds while dishing out seven assists, the most by a Husky this season
• Tsohonis connected on a career-high six from the 3-point line against UCLA, joining Erik Stevenson as the only players to hit 6 from long distance this season .. the last time UW had two players hit at least 6 in a game from 3 was in the 2011-12 season when C.J. Wilcox and Terrence Ross both had 6 in different games that season.
• The Huskies knocked down 10 from long distance against UCLA making it the eighth time in Pac-12 play the Dawgs have hit nine or more from 3-point range
• UW has had four players score at least 26 points in a game this season in Tsohonis (29), Bey (28), Stevenson (27) and Green (26)
• Redshirt sophomore Nate Roberts is currently 12th in the league in rebounding, averaging 5.9 per game overall and is 13th in Pac-12 games pulling down 5.8 per night.
• Bey currently leads the league in 3-point FG percentage at 53.1 percent and is first in Pac-12 games in shooting 53.7 percent (22-of-41) ... 41 of his 49 3-point attempts on the season have come during league action
• Jamal Bey has found his consistency and efficiency in the second half of the season ... over the last 12 games, he's averaging 12.4 points while shooting 49.0 percent from the field, 53.7 percent from the 3-point line and 72.5 percent from FT ... he is also pulling down 4.0 rebounds per game
• Senior Quade Green recorded his seventh 20-point game of the season at Oregon with 23 points ... it was also his third 20-point night in the last five outings ... he has 10 20-point games in his 34-game UW career
• All eight of junior transfer Erik Stevenson's double-digit scoring nights this season have come in the last 11 games ... Prior to the California game, Stevenson had only made four from long distance, he has since made 23
• Green has 145 career assists at UW in just 34 games ... averaging 4.3 a game while being a Husky