Senior Day Set for Saturday against Cal at 7 p.m.
UW (4-17, 3-13 P12) vs Cal (8-16, 3-14 P12)
Washington continues its stretch of five games in 10 days by hosting California on Saturday, Feb. 20 at 7 p.m. The game will be televised on ESPNU with Roxy Bernstein and Adrian Branch on the call. Additionally, fans can tune into KJR 950AM to hear Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast. The Huskies fell to California in Berkeley on Jan. 9, 84-78. Washington has won the three meetings between the two teams in Seattle under Coach Hopkins.
The Coach (67-55 at UW/4th Year)
Head Coach Mike Hopkins is in his fourth year at Washington, and fourth as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. During his 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, Hopkins was a part of teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. Hopkins is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year, winning the honor in each of his first two seasons with the Huskies as he led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons with postseason appearances each year. (2018 NIT, 2019 NCAA Second Round).
• UW will be honoring seniors Quade Green, Hameir Wright and Travis Rice along with senior manager Megan Black prior to tip time against California
• Washington is in the middle of a stretch of eight games in 17 days
• After allowing league opponents to score an average of 82.8 points in the first 13 games of Pac-12 action, the Huskies have kept the last three schools to 68.8 points per game ... the last time Washington held three straight opponents to 69 points or less was a stretch from Jan. 2-23, 2020 (seven games)
• Transfer Cole Bajema had his best showing as a Husky against Stanford as he scored 13 points off the bench and connected on 3 from long distance, a career-best
• Washington has had seven players connect from 3-point range this season (Bajema, Bey, Battle, Green, Tsohonis, Stevenson, Wright)
• Sophomore Marcus Tsohonis recorded his fifth 20-point scoring effort of the season with a career high 29 at WSU .. he has connected on 10 of 12 from 3-point range over the last four games
• The last time UW had two players record 5 or more 20-point efforts in a single season was during the 2018-19 campaign when Jaylen Nowell had 10 and Noah Dickerson had six.
• UW forced 19 turnovers at Washington State, the most since forcing Stanford to 22 turnovers on Jan. 7
• Prior to the WSU game, Tsohonis was the first UW player to score 20 or more points in three games off the bench since C.J. Wilcox had four 20-point nights from the bench in the 2011-12 season
• Junior Erik Stevenson had one of his best nights as a Husky against the Cougs as he scored 18 points and added a team high seven rebounds while dishing out seven assists, the most by a Husky this season
• Tsohonis connected on a career-high six from the 3-point line against UCLA, joining Erik Stevenson as the only players to hit 6 from long distance this season .. the last time UW had two players hit at least 6 in a game from 3 was in the 2011-12 season when C.J. Wilcox and Terrence Ross both had 6 in different games that season.
• UW has had four players score at least 26 points in a game this season in Tsohonis (29), Bey (28), Stevenson (27) and Green (26)
• Bey currently leads the league in 3-point FG percentage at 52.9 percent and is first in Pac-12 games in shooting 53.5 percent (23-of-43) ... 43 of his 51 3-point attempts on the season have come during league action
• All nine of junior transfer Erik Stevenson's double-digit scoring nights this season have come in the last 12 games ... Prior to the California game, Stevenson had only made four from long distance, he has since made 26
• Green has 149 career assists at UW in just 35 games ... averaging 4.3 a game while being a Husky