USC Track & Field Wins All 6 Events Entered At The Matador Qualifier
Feb 19, 2021
USC won all six events it entered with Nicole Yeargin and Nicholas Ramey in the 400m races and Jalyn Jackson in the triple jump setting meet records at the Texas Tech Matador Qualifier in Lubbock, Texas today (Feb. 19).
- Yeargin won the women's 400m race with a meet-record time of 52.77, just ahead of teammate Jan'Taijah Ford who took second with a time of 52.98.
- Ramey won the men's 400m race with a slight PR of 46.39 which also set the meet record. Ramey's time improved his sixth-place standing on USC's all-time men's indoor 400m list. Brian Herron placed third with a time of 47.08.
- Jackson led the men's triple jump competition wire-to-wire with his opening leap of 51.8.50 (15.76m) being the winning mark. That jump was a season best for Jackson and established the Matador Qualifier meet record.
- The day began with Brendon Stewart winning the men's 60m dash with a time of 6.62.
- USC went 1-2-3 in the men's 200m race with Zach Shinnick winning with a time of 20.85. Eric Allen Jr. was second in the 200m dash with a season-best time of 21.03 and Stewart coming back to take third with a PR of 21.05.
- Lanae-Tava Thomas won the women's 200m race with a time of 23.30. It was her first official 200m race of the season and moved her to tied for 10th on the NCAA descending order list. TeeTee Terry took second in the women's 200m dash with a time of 23.44.
Related News & Videos
3 hours ago