No. 15 USC Lacrosse Heads East For Two Top-15 Matchups
LOS ANGELES - The 15th-ranked USC lacrosse team (1-0) heads to the East Coast for a pair of top-15 matchups this week. The Trojans take on fifth-ranked Stony Brook (1-1) on Tuesday (Feb. 23) at Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium in Stony Brook, N.Y., and then face 13th-ranked Boston College (0-0) on Friday (Feb. 26) at the Newton Campus Fields in Newton, Mass. The Trojans and Seawolves will be shown live on the Lax Sports Network and the game against the Eagles will be carried live by the ACC Network. The Women of Troy are 14-15 all-time in games played in the Eastern Time Zone with a 3-4 record in New York and a 1-5 mark in Massachusetts.
GAME #2 • Tuesday, February 23 • 12 p.m. ET
No. 15 USC (1-0) at No. 5 Stony Brook (1-1)
Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium • Stony Brook, N.Y.
SERIES HISTORY: USC trails, 1-4 (.200) • STREAK: L3
LAST MEETING: L, 12-10 (April 14, 2019 • Stony Brook)
STREAM: Lax Sports Network
OPPONENT WEB: StonyBrookAthletics.com
GAME #3 • Friday, February 26 • 12:30 p.m. ET
No. 15 USC (1-0) at No. 13 Boston College (0-0)
Newton Campus Field • Newton, Mass.
SERIES HISTORY: USC trails, 1-5 (.167) • STREAK: W1
LAST MEETING: W, 18-9 (Feb. 21, 2020 • McAlister Field)
TV/STREAM: ACC Network/ESPN
OPPONENT WEB: BCEagles.com
- USC is ranked No. 15 in the IWLCA coaches preseason poll; the 60th consecutive week that the Trojans are ranked in the poll.
- The Trojans are the defending Pac-12 champions and were chosen to finish in a tie for first by the league's coaches.
- USC is 14-15 all-time in the Eastern Time Zone and holds a 3-4 record in the state of New York and is 1-5 in Massachusetts.
- Of teams the Trojans have faced more than once, Stony Brook and Boston College are two of just five teams to have winning records over the Women of Troy (Massachusetts, Northwestern, Princeton).
- The Trojans are 23-30 all-time against IWLCA ranked opponents with a 10-13 mark against teams in the top 10 (3-7 on the road). USC is 2-10 all-time against foes ranked in the top five of the IWLCA poll.
- USC won its sixth straight season opener last week.
- The Trojans were undefeated (6-0) prior to the suspension and cancellation of the 2020 season due to the COVID-19 world pandemic. USC received the No. 7 final ranking in the IWLCA coaches poll.
- Ninth-year head coach Lindsey Munday is 102-42 all-time (.708) and was named the 2019 Pac-12 Coach of the Year.