Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Weekly Awards - Feb. 22, 2021
Offensive Player of the Week: Ella May Powell, Jr., S, WASHINGTON (Fayetteville, Ark.)
11.5 APS, 3.25 DPS, 2 SA
- Junior All-American setter Ella May Powell totaled 92 assists and 26 digs to help Washington hit .261 in a pair of victories over Colorado.
- Helped the Huskies hit .294 in a five-set victory over the Buffaloes on Friday, reaching the 60 assists mark for the first time in her career. That was five more than her previous career-high of 55 assists and ties her for the highest assist total in the Pac-12.
- Recorded double-doubles in both matches (60a-16d; 32a-10d), averaging 3.25 digs per set. Also had four kills on five swings without an error in the Huskies' 3-0 sweep on Sunday.
- Powell now has three of the six highest assist totals in the Pac-12 this season while leading the league with 10.37 assists per set.
Defensive Player of the Week: Shannon Crenshaw, Jr., OH, WASHINGTON (Longwood, Fla.)
- Crenshaw matched her career-high with 21 digs and added a pair of aces in UW's five-set win over Colorado on Thursday.
- She led the team again in a Sunday sweep with 13 digs as Washington held Colorado to a .144 attack percentage.
- Huskies improved to 8-2 overall, 5-1 on the road and took sole possession of second in the Pac-12.
Freshman of the Week: Sofia Maldonado Diaz, FR, OH, Arizona (Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico)
5.71 KPS, .307 Pct., 2.29 DPS, 5.9 PPS
- Dominated in Arizona's weekend sweep against Oregon State, averaging 5.71 kills per set on .307 hitting.
- Needed just 88 swings to produce 40 kills over seven sets in the two matches.
- She picked up a double-double on Friday, pairing her 16 kills with 10 digs in the straight-set win against Oregon State.
- Posted 24 kills in just four sets on Sunday, coming one kill shy of her career-high.
Offensive: Sofia Maldonado, Arizona; Marta Levinska, ASU; Leah Clayton, Colorado; Mac May, UCLA; Emilia Weske, USC.
Defensive: Kamaile Hiapo, Arizona; Brynna DeLuzio, Colorado; Zoe Fleck, UCLA; Aleksandra Gryka, USC.
Freshman: Claudia Stahlke, ASU; Iman Ndiaye, UCLA, Sam Hastings, USC; Madi Endsley, Washington.