Rematch against ASU set for Thursday at 4 p.m.
UW (5-18, 4-14 P12) at Arizona St (8-11, 5-8 P12)
Washington continues its stretch of eight games in 17 days by taking on ASU for the second time in three days, on Thursday, Feb. 25 at 4 p.m. PT. The game will be televised on Fox Sports 1 with Joe Davis and Casey Jacobsen on the call. Additionally, fans can tune into KJR 950AM to hear Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast. The Dawgs are facing ASU back to back this week to make up a previously postponed game earlier on Jan. 2. ASU won the matchup on Tuesday, 97-64.
The Coach (68-57 at UW/4th Year)
Head Coach Mike Hopkins is in his fourth year at Washington, and fourth as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. During his 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, Hopkins was a part of teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. Hopkins is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year, winning the honor in each of his first two seasons with the Huskies as he led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons with postseason appearances each year. (2018 NIT, 2019 NCAA Second Round).
• After allowing league opponents to score an average of 82.8 points in the first 12 games of Pac-12 action, the Huskies have kept the last six schools to 70.5 points per game ... additionally, the last time Washington held three straight opponents to 69 points or less was a stretch from Jan. 2-23, 2020 (seven games)
• Washington is in the middle of a stretch of eight games in 17 days and has won two of the last four
• Sophomore Marcus Tsohonis led the Huskies in scoring with 16 points and rebounding with six against the Sun Devils - he has now recorded double-digit scoring in six of the last eight games and nine total this season
• UW had five players pull down at least four rebounds during their game at ASU and all but one player pulled down at least one rebound
• California's 51 points were the fewest by a Pac-12 opponent against the Huskies since UW held USC to 40 points on Jan. 5, 2020 in a 72-40 victory ... it was also just the third time the Dawgs have held a league opponent to 51 points or fewer under Coach Hopkins
• Additionally, UW held Cal to just 26.7 percent shooting from the field, the lowest by an opponent since Cal shot just 23.9 last season (Feb. 22) and also the Bears connected on just 3 from long distance ... over the last five games, three opponents have been held to three or less from 3-point range.
• Junior Jamal Bey nearly missed a double-double against California with 15 points and a career-high nine rebounds while adding two blocks and one steal
• The Huskies saw scoring come from all over against California, as all players that played at least 10 minutes connected on at least three points ... also, seven players hit at least one from 3-point range
• Senior Quade Green led the team in scoring against California with 17 points and added six rebounds ... he has now recorded double-digit scoring in eight of the last 10 games and 15 times overall this season
• Tsohonis connected on a career-high six from the 3-point line against UCLA, joining Erik Stevenson as the only players to hit 6 from long distance this season .. the last time UW had two players hit at least 6 in a game from 3 was in the 2011-12 season when C.J. Wilcox and Terrence Ross both had 6 in different games that season.
• UW has had four players score at least 26 points in a game this season in Tsohonis (29), Bey (28), Stevenson (27) and Green (26)
• Bey currently leads the league in 3-point FG percentage at 55.2 percent and is first in Pac-12 games in shooting 56.0 percent (28-of-50) ... 50 of his 58 3-point attempts on the season have come during league action
• All nine of junior transfer Erik Stevenson's double-digit scoring nights this season have come in the last 14 games ... Prior to the California game, Stevenson had only made four from long distance, he has since made 28
• Green has 153 career assists at UW in just 37 games ... averaging 4.1 a game while being a Husky
• Wright currently has 132 career blocks which is sixth all-time at UW ... he is now five behind fifth place (137, Malik Dime) and 54 behind the UW record of 186 (Matisse Thybulle and Christian Welp)