Wildcats Put Together Complete Game, Top Lions 7-4
TUCSON, Ariz. -- Pitching, offense, and defense all came together for the Arizona Wildcats (3-2) in a 7-4 victory over the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (3-1) on Thursday night at Hi Corbett Field.
Arizona starting pitcher Chase Silseth (2-0) was dominant, striking out 10 over 6.2 innings. He allowed just five hits and four runs while earning his second win in as many starts.
The Wildcats offense got going early, scoring three in the bottom of the first courtesy of a three-RBI triple from Jacob Berry. They plated two more in the second, and one each in the third and fifth to seal the win.
Thursday night also marked the first errorless game of the young season for Arizona. The performance was highlighted by a spectacular charging play from Jacob Blas and a perfectly-thrown ball from Daniel Susac to catch a runner stealing second.
- CF Donta Williams: 4-for-5, 2 R, 2B
- RF Ryan Holgate: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
- DH Jacob Berry: 1-for-4, 3B, 3 RBI
- 1B Branden Boissiere: 2-for-2, 3 R, 2 BB
- LF Mac Bingham: 1-for-3, BB
- 2B Kobe Kato: 1-for-3, 1 RBI, BB
- RHP Vince Vannelle: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 K
- RHP Preston Price: 1.0 IP, 0 R, 3 K, Save
Number of the Day
- With runs in each of the first three innings on Thursday night, the Wildcats extended their scoring streak to 11 innings.
Photo of the Day
Tweet of the Day
— Arizona Baseball (@ArizonaBaseball) February 26, 2021
Arizona and Southeastern Louisiana continue their four-game series on Friday, Feb. 26 with a first pitch slated for 6:00 p.m. MST.