Arizona Gets a Sweep at Home Against Gonzaga
TUCSON, Ariz. - Arizona Women's Tennis returns home with a great win over Gonzaga with a final score of 4-0.
The Wildcats breezed through the doubles point with strong performances on all courts and carried that momentum to singles. Khim Iglupas and Gitte Heynemans both won their singles in straight sets, but Gonzaga made a push by winning four of the first sets. The Cats put their head down and won three second sets before Jelena Lukic sealed the victory in third set.
Women's Tennis remains undefeated at home and will have another shot at Gonzaga this weekend. Arizona will play Gonzaga on Saturday, Feb. 27 at 10 a.m MST.
1. Heynemans/Iglupas def. Sosnowska/Jones 6-2
2. Amos/Zandberg def. Ketels/Gruber 6-4
3. Lukic/Wilkins vs. Tsuruta/Broerman 4-3 unf.
Order of finish: 1, 2
1. Kayla Wilkins vs. Kate Ketels 3-6, 6-3, 3-2 unf.
2. Jelena Lukic def. Adrianna Sosnowska 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
3. Talya Zandberg vs. Cate Broerman 1-6, 7-5
4. Abby Amos vs. Haruna Tsuruta 2-6, 6-6 unf.
5. Gitte Heynemans def. Jenna Sloan 6-1, 6-2
6. Khim Iglupas def. Taylor Gruber 6-0, 6-3
Order of finish: 6, 5, 2