Earnest Sears III Wins High Jump, Morgan Smalls Wins Long Jump At Championships At The Peak
Feb 26, 2021
Earnest Sears III won the men's high jump, Morgan Smalls won the women's long jump and nine Trojans advanced to event finals at the Championships at the Peak meet in Colorado Springs, Colo. today (Feb. 26).
- Sears won the first event of the day for the Trojans, claiming the men's high jump title on his first jump. Sears waited to enter the competition until 6-10.25 (2.09m) and after he cleared that, no one was left, so he moved the bar to 7-2.25 (2.17m) and cleared that before going out at 7-3.25 (2.20m).
- Smalls won the women's long jump with a best leap of 20-4.50 (6.21m). There were 32 jumpers in the competition.
- All five Trojan women who competed in the 400m dash advanced to the eight-woman final tomorrow. Advancing first was Nicole Yeargin (53.27), second was Kaelin Roberts (53.51), fourth was Rae-Anne Serville (54.18) in her first individual race as a Trojan, fifth was Jan'Taijah Ford (54.63) and seventh was Breanna Bernard-Joseph (55.23).
- Nicholas Ramey had the men's 400m top qualifying time of 47.11 to advance to tomorrow's final. Zach Shinnick had a time of 50.69 to finish 24th overall.
- Lanae-Tava Thomas had a time of 23.69 in the women's 200m prelims to advance first to the Saturday final.
- Eric Allen Jr. posted a season-best time of 21.01in the men's 200m prelims to advance first to the men's final tomorrow.
- Brendon Stewart advanced to the men's 60m final tomorrow by placing second in his prelim with a time of 6.65. He was third overall among the qualifiers. Daniel Robinson took second in his heat with a time of 6.85 to finish ninth overall, one spot out of advancing to the final.
Related News & Videos