Huskies Wrap Up Arizona Trip in Tucson Saturday at 11 a.m.
UW (5-19, 4-15 P12) at Arizona (16-8, 10-8 P12)
Washington concludes its stretch of eight games in 17 days by heading to Tucson to face Arizona on Saturday, Feb. 27 at 11 a.m. PT. The game will be televised nationally on CBS with Spero Dedes and Jim Spanarkel on the call. Additionally, fans can tune into KJR 950AM to hear Tony Castricone and Jason Hamilton on the official Husky Radio Broadcast. The Dawgs last faced Arizona on Dec. 31 in Seattle with the Wildcats taking a 80-53 victory.
The Coach (68-58 at UW/4th Year)
Head Coach Mike Hopkins is in his fourth year at Washington, and fourth as a head coach after becoming the 19th head coach in UW history. During his 22 years as an assistant at Syracuse, Hopkins was a part of teams that reached the NCAA Tournament 16 times including the 2003 National Championship, four Final Fours, five Elite Eights and 10 Sweet 16s along with four NIT berths. Syracuse never dipped below a 55.0 percent record while Hopkins was on staff. Hopkins is a two-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year, winning the honor in each of his first two seasons with the Huskies as he led UW to back-to-back 20 win seasons with postseason appearances each year. (2018 NIT, 2019 NCAA Second Round).
• Washington is wrapping up its stretch of eight games in 17 days with four out of the last six being on the road
• The Huskies are closing up the regular season at Arizona for the second-straight season ... a year ago, UW took home the 69-63 on March 7 ... Washington is 3-1 in the regular season under Hopkins against the Wildcats, winning the last two meetings at the McKale Center
• With his team-high 16 points against ASU, senior Quade Green reached 500+career points in just 38 games played .. he now sits at 512
• Redshirt sophomore Nate Roberts pulled down a team-high 11 rebounds at ASU, his most since Dec. 3 at Utah when he recorded a career-high 13 .. he's had three double-digit rebounding nights this season
• All seven players in UW's rotation at ASU Thursday pulled down at least one rebound with junior Erik Stevenson leading the group with a team and season high eigh boards.
• The Huskies had four players reach double-digit scoring at ASU, making it the first game with four score at least 10 since Jan. 20, 2021 against Colorado
• Washington has had 10 different players score at least 10 points in a game this season
• Green has 160 career assists at UW in just 38 games ... averaging 4.2 a game while being a Husky
• Junior Jamal Bey is on a stretch of three-straight double-digit scoring games, averaging 13.7 in that span ... all 11 of his double-digit games this season have come since Jan. 7 at Stanford
• UW has had four players score at least 26 points in a game this season in Tsohonis (29), Bey (28), Stevenson (27) and Green (26)
• Bey currently leads the league in 3-point FG percentage at 53.1 percent and is first in Pac-12 games in shooting 53.6 percent (30-of-56) ... 56 of his 64 3-point attempts on the season have come during league action
• In a recent stretch of five games, Feb. 11-Feb. 20, the Huskies held those five opponents to just 65.4 points per game after allowing league opponents to score an average of 82.8 points in the first 12 games of Pac-12 action ... additionally, the last time Washington held at least three straight opponents to 69 points or less was a stretch of seven games from Jan. 2-23, 2020
• California's 51 points were the fewest by a Pac-12 opponent against the Huskies since UW held USC to 40 points on Jan. 5, 2020 in a 72-40 victory ... it was also just the third time the Dawgs have held a league opponent to 51 points or fewer under Coach Hopkins
• Additionally, UW held Cal to just 26.7 percent shooting from the field, the lowest by an opponent since Cal shot just 23.9 last season (Feb. 22, 2020) and also the Bears connected on just 3 from long distance ... over the last five games, three opponents have been held to three or less from 3-point range.
• All 10 of junior transfer Erik Stevenson's double-digit scoring nights this season have come in the last 15 games ... Prior to the California game, Stevenson had only made four from long distance, he has since made 29
• Wright currently has 133 career blocks which is sixth all-time at UW ... he is now four behind fifth place (137, Malik Dime) and 53 behind the UW record of 186 (Matisse Thybulle and Christian Welp)