Johnny Walker Breaks ASU Career Point Record
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Sun Devil Hockey senior forward Johnny Walker broke the program record for most career points Friday night with his 108th in his four seasons, assisting on redshirt junior Chris Grando's goal in the third period.
Despite starting the way they wanted, ASU's (6-15-2) early breakdowns was all it took for No. 7 Michigan (13-8-0) to capitalize with two goals late in the 1st period and ultimately a 4-1 win at Yost Ice Arena Friday night.
"We have some good stuff to go to film with and with a couple of just minor adjustments I think we'll give ourselves a good chance to steal one tomorrow and that's what we're trying to do," said head coach Greg Powers.
"He was great, he was really good. He gave us a chance and that's all you can ask for against a team like that he gave us a chance, and, you know, in the second period there we had a couple really good chances to cut it to two one and and make it really interesting because of his play and we didn't find the back of the net, but Cole was obviously our best player tonight." -Head coach Greg Powers on Cole Brady's performance in net
- Senior forward Johnny Walker broke the program record for most points in a career with his 108th off an assist on Chris Grando's goal. He broke the previous record held by defenseman Brinson Pasichnuk (107) set in 2019-20.
- Redshirt junior Chris Grando has now scored in each of his last three games with four total points in that stretch.
- The ASU penalty kill denied all three Michigan opportunities in the game.
- Freshman netminder Cole Brady recorded 32 saves on 79 total shot attempts.
- The Wolverines continue to be one of only two Big Ten teams that the Sun Devils have yet to record a victory against in program history.