Women's Tennis Falls 4-0 to Denver Pioneers
DENVER – The Utah women's tennis team had a road match this Friday afternoon against the Denver Pioneers at the Denver Tennis Park. After battling through some tough matches, the Utes ultimately fell to the Pioneers 4-0.
During doubles play, the Utes had a slim opportunity to secure the point, but ceded it to the Pioneers. On court one, Emily Dush and Madeline Lamoreaux fell to Britt Pursell and Camille V-Anderson 6-1. On court two, Anastasia Goncharova and Lindsay Hung gave the Utes an opportunity to claim the point when they downed their opponents 6-0. However, Denver took the point in the deciding match on court three, where Anya Lamoreaux and Madison Tattini fell to Taylor Melville and Toni Nelson 6-1.
After doubles, the Utes looked forward to singles play to catch up to Denver, though it would not be the case. On court one, Lamoreaux took a loss in her match, finishing 6-1, 6-2 and granting Denver their second point. Similarly, on court two, Denver's Riedmiller downed Hung 6-3, 6-4. Finally, on court three, Goncharova also fell to her opponent, 6-2, 6-3. At this point the match was clinched and the rest of the matches remained unfinished although Dush and A. Lamoreaux were leading their matches.
The Utes will head back to Utah and play against in-state rival BYU on Wednesday, Mar. 3, at 5 p. m. MT at the Indoor Tennis Courts in Provo.
DENVER 4, UTAH 0
1. Taylor Melville (DEN) def. Madeline Lamoreaux (UTAH), 6-1, 6-2
2. Anna Riedmiller (DEN) def. Lindsay Hung (UTAH), 6-3, 6-4
3. Britt Pursell (DEN) def. Anastasia Goncharova (UTAH), 6-2, 6-3
4. Emily Dush (UTAH) vs. Camille V-Anderson (DEN), 7-6, unf.
5. Anya Lamoreaux (UTAH) vs. Hada Chang (DEN), 6-2, 2-1, unf.
6. Olivia Mikkelson (UTAH) vs. Tatum Burger (DEN), 6-7, unf.
1. Britt Pursell/Camille V-Anderson (DEN) def. Emily Dush/Madeline Lamoreaux (UTAH), 6-1
2. Anastasia Goncharova/Lindsay Hung (UTAH) def. Hada Chang/Anna Riedmiller (DEN), 6-0
3. Taylor Melville/Toni Nelson (DEN) def. Anya Lamoreaux/Madison Tattini (UTAH), 6-1