Arizona Grabs Its Second Win Over Gonzaga
TUCSON, Ariz. - The Wildcats topple the Bulldogs for the second day in a row with a 5-2 victory at LaNelle Robson Tennis Center.
Arizona got off to a better start on the second day with a convincing doubles win and three quick singles points. Gitte Heynemans, Khim Iglupas and Jelena Lukic dominated in straight sets to clinch the victory early. Heynemans now has 9 singles wins on the season to lead the team with the next highest being Iglupas and Amos with 6 wins. Kayla Wilkins was taken to a third set tiebreaker before earning a court one win. This win over Gonzaga marks the eighth win of the season. The Wildcats continue their undefeated home streak for the season and look to extend it when they face Oregon next weekend.
1. Sosnowska/Jones def. Heynemans/Iglupas 7-5
2. Amos/Zandberg def. Ketels/Gruber 6-1
3. Lukic/Wilkins def. Broerman/Tsuruta 6-4
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1
1. Kayla Wilkins def. Kate Ketels 6-4, 2-6, 1-0(8)
2. Jelena Lukic def. Adrianna Sosnowska 6-2, 6-4
3. Haruna Tsuruta def. Talya Zandberg 2-6, 6-1, 1-0(5)
4. Cate Broerman def. Abby Amos 7-6(5), 6-4
5. Gitte Heynemans def. Hannah Jones 6-1, 6-1
6. Khim Iglupas def. Tiegan Aitken 6-2, 6-4