Pac-12 Women’s Volleyball Weekly Awards - March 2, 2021
Offensive Player of the Week: Marin Grote, JR, MB, WASHINGTON (Burbank, Calif.)
2.57 KPS, .593 Pct., .14 DPS, 1.71 BPS, 3.4 PPS
- Junior Marin Grote had a pair of blocks and 7 kills on 10 swings in Washington’s 3-0 sweep against Utah last Thursday, Feb. 25.
- The junior was scorching on offense and a force at the net on defense as Washington went 2-0 against previously unbeaten No. 7 Utah.
- In Saturday's second match, Grote had her first career double-double with a career-high tying 11 kills and a career-high 10 blocks as Washington held Utah to a season-low .150 attack percentage.
- Grote hit .593 for the week to improve to .328 on the season and now ranks second in the league with 1.28 blocks per set.
Defensive Player of the Week: Zoe Fleck, JR, LB, UCLA (Granada Hills, Calif.)
6.14 DPS, .1 PPS, 1 SA
- Junior Zoe Fleck, who is third among Pac-12 players in digs per set (3.92), has reached double figures in digs in all 10 matches for The Bruins, surpassing the 20-dig mark for the second time as a Bruin on Feb.19 at Arizona State .
- Zoe Fleck was flying all over the floor in two victories over Arizona, producing a season best of 25 digs on Friday Feb. 26 and 18 digs on Sunday Feb. 28, totaling 43 digs (6.14 per set).
- The junior had at least four digs in all seven sets, producing eight digs in a set twice in The Bruins match against Arizona last Friday, Feb. 26.
- She topped off her impressive weekend performance with an ace, as the 15th-ranked Bruins completed a weekend sweep of Arizona.
Freshman of the Week: Madi Endsley, FR, OH, WASHINGTON (Temecula, Calif.)
3.29 KPS, .304 Pct., 0.86 DPS, 0.86 BPS, 3.9 PPS
- Freshman Madi Endsley played a large role in Washington's series sweep of 7th-ranked Utah, giving the Utes their first losses of the season.
- In the first match-up between the Huskies and the Utes, Endsley had her second match this year with double-figure kills and above a .400 attack percentage as she had 12 kills at a .455 clip to help UW to a sweep.
- In the rematch, the freshman had 11 more kills and was in on 4 of Washington's 17 blocks in the four set win against Utah.
- The Huskies now lead the Pac-12 at 10-2.
Offensive: Meegan Hart, COLO; Karson Bacon, ORE; Mac May, UCLA; Dani Drews, UTAH; Pia Timmer, WSU.
Defensive: Jenna Ewert, COLO; Abby Hansen, ORE; Phoebe Grace, UTAH; Marin Grote, WASH; Magda Jehlarova, WSU.
Freshman: Lydia Grote, CAL; Allison Jacobs, UCLA.