STANFORD, Calif. – Stanford women's tennis picked up its second straight victory to open the season, rolling past UC Davis, 7-0.
The Cardinal got out to a quick start, earning the doubles point with wins on all three courts. The tandem of Emily Arbuthnott and Ana Geller picked up the first win, 6-1, and was closely followed by Sara Choy and Janice Shin on court three, 6-3, and Michaela Gordon and Niluka Madurawe on court one, 6-4.
For the second-straight match, Geller was the first to pick up a singles win after blanking her opponent in the first set and strolling to a 6-2 win in the second. Gordon finished off her opponent in shutout fashion, 6-0, 6-0, while Sara Choy earned the clinching point on court four, 6-0, 6-2.
Janice Shin and Emily Arbuthnott finished up the afternoon with wins to give Stanford a 7-0 margin of victory.
The Cardinal returns to action this Friday, March 5 at Utah. Action gets underway at 12:30 p.m.
1) Gordon/Madurawe (STAN) v. Tsukamoto/Lauren Ko (UCD), 6-4
2) Arbuthnott/Geller (STAN) d. Hall/Zell (UCD), 6-1
3) Choy/Shin (STAN) d. Gurevich/Evloeva (UCD), 6-3
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 1
1) No. 10 Michaela Gordon (STAN) v. Sara Tsukamoto (UCD), 6-0, 6-0
2) No. 63 Emily Arbuthnott (STAN) v. Yana Gurevich (UCD), 6-2, 3-6, 1-0 (10-5)
3) Ana Geller (STAN) d. Michelle Zell (UCD), 6-0, 6-2
4) Sara Choy (STAN) d. Shirley Hall (UCD), 6-0, 6-2
5) No. 114 Janice Shin (STAN) d. Olive Maunupan (UCD), 6-2, 6-1
6) Niluka Madurawe (STAN) d. Kristina Evloeva (UCD), 6-0, 7-5
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 4, 6, 5, 2