Pac-12 Baseball Players of the Week - March 2, 2021
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Branden Boissiere, So., OF/1B, ARIZONA (Riverside, Calif.)
5 GP, .650 AVG, .696 OBP, 1.100 SLG, 8 RBI, 2 HR, 10 R, 13 H, 3 BB
- Sophomore outfielder and first basemen Branden Boissiere collected 13 hits, four extra-base hits, and eight RBI across five games helping Arizona to put together a five-game win streak this past week.
- The sophomore notched multiple hits in four of five games and recorded first career multi-HR game on Friday, Feb. 26, 2021 vs. Southeastern Louisiana.
- Boissiere provided a game-tying hit in the 7th-inning rally of Saturday’s victory for the Wildcat’s over Southeastern Louisiana.
- During last week’s games, Boissiere drew more walks (3) than strikeouts (2), and went 13-for-20 after starting the year 1-for-9 at the plate.
- The sophomore raised season batting average from .111 to .483 and currently holds a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage at first base.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Kevin Abel, So., RHP, Oregon State (San Diego, Calif.)
1 GP, 5.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ERA, 11 K
- Oregon State’s Starting pitcher, Kevin Abel Held Grand Canyon scoreless in five innings of work to open the series in Phoenix for the Oregon State Beavers.
- Abel held Grand Canyon to just three hits and a walk while striking out 11. The 11 strikeouts tied a career-high for Abel, who also struck out 11 once in both 2018 and 2019.
- The pitcher struck out the side in both the third and fifth innings. The fifth came after Grand Canyon loaded the bases with no outs.
- Abel also struck out two in both the second and fourth innings and one in the first
- Abel lowered his ERA to 0.93 after earning the win for Oregon State over Grand Canyon and he improved to 11-2 all-time at Oregon State
- The Sophomore has 18 strikeouts to just three walks and four hits in 9 2/3 innings for this 2021 season.
|Feb. 24||Ryan Ober, Oregon State||Jesse Bergin, UCLA|
|Mar. 2||Branden Boissiere, Arizona||Kevin Abel, Oregon State|