Rivalry Weekend Set For Sun Devil Volleyball
TEMPE, Ariz. – It's a rivalry week for Sun Devil Volleyball with Arizona State facing Arizona in Tucson this Friday before returning home to play the Wildcats again on Sunday.
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (1-9)
- Following a week off due to the USC series cancellation after COVID-19 developments within the Trojans program, the Sun Devils are looking to get back on track. Despite the losses, ASU has been competitive, only falling in straight sets twice.
- Sophomore middle blocker Kennedi Boyd has been a strong force at the net this season. She is currently ranked first in the conference and 38th in the nation for total blocks with 52.
- Leading the offense have been the pin hitter duo of sophomore Iman Isanovic and freshman Marta Levinska. They have the two highest kill totals with 137 for Isanovic and 128 for Levinska, the only two on the team in triple digits.
- Setting new highs for herself while setting up the offense, freshman Ella Snyder has set in every set so far this year with a total of 325 assists. She is also second on the team in digs with 111.
- Sophomore libero Annika Larson has a team-high 168 digs on the year and has reached double figures in digs in all but one match this season. She is second in the Pac-12 for total digs.
- Freshman middle blocker Claudia Stahlke made her collegiate debut in the UCLA series. She notched a total of 13 blocks between the two matches, leading the team in both matches.
- The Wildcats are coming off of two losses at No. 15 UCLA last weekend, losing in the exact margin the Sun Devils lost to the Bruins, 3-1 and 3-0.
- Arizona picked up big wins early in the season over reigning national champion Stanford. The Wildcats beat the Cardinal in straight sets in the first match before winning 3-1 in the second. Arizona also has two wins over Oregon State.
- Last season, Arizona State swept the season series over Arizona, winning in straight sets in Tempe and in a five-set thriller in Tucson to end the season.
How to Watch
Both matches will be available to watch on the Pac-12 Networks, with Friday's match starting at 2 p.m. MST and Sunday's beginning at 4 p.m. MST.