Pac-12 Women's Soccer Weekly Awards - March 8, 2021
Offensive Player of the Week: Mia Fishel, So., UCLA (San Diego, Calif.)
2 games, 2 goals, 1 assist, 5 points
- Led UCLA to a pair of wins over the Oregon schools, assisting or scoring on four of the Bruins’ five goals.
- Posted a goal and an assist against the Ducks, both within a span of six minutes.
- Scored the first goal of the game against the Beavers and drew a penalty kick in overtime that led to the eventual game-winner.
- Leads the Bruins with nine points and tied for the team lead with four goals, including three in UCLA’s past three games.
Defensive Player of the Week: Jacey Pederson, R-Sr., UCLA (Palo Alto, Calif.)
2 games, 2 starts, 179 minutes
- Played the full 90 minutes in UCLA’s 3-0 win over Oregon, its third shutout of the season.
- Competed for 89 minutes in the Bruins’ 2-1 overtime win over Oregon State, helping limit the Beavers to just two shots on goal.
- Has started every game in 2021 after missing all of the 2019 season due to an ACL injury.
- First Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week award of her career.
Goalkeeper of the Week: Olivia Sekany, R-Jr., WASHINGTON (Livermore, Calif.)
2 games, 2 starts, 9 saves
- Recorded a career-high eight saves against Arizona State, the most by a Husky since October 2019 (Siena Ruelas).
- Executed her second shutout streak of 150+ minutes this year.
- Shutout Arizona in Washington’s 3-0 win, playing all 90 minutes.
- First career Pac-12 Goalkeeper of the Week honor.
Offensive Player of the Week: Shanade Hopcroft, Colorado; Civana Kuhlmann, Stanford; Penelope Hocking, USC; Ruby Hellstrom, Washington.
Defensive Player of the Week: Hannah Sharts, Colorado; Kaylin Martin; USC; Kaylene Pang, Washington.
Goalkeeper of the Week: Dani Hansen, Colorado; Lauren Brzykcy, UCLA.