Cal-Stanford Postgame Notes
Mar 10, 2021
- Cal starters: Joel Brown, Jarred Hyder, Jalen Celestine, Grant Anticevich, Lars Thiemann
- Cal improved to 18-22 all-time at the Pac-12 Tournament.
- The Bears have won their first game at the Pac-12 Tournament five times in the past seven years, including twice in as many years under head coach Mark Fox.
- Cal is now 3-2 against Stanford in five head-to-head meetings at the Pac-12 Tournament.
- Cal became just the second No. 11 seed to win a game in the tournament, joining Washington State, which accomplished the feat at the 2020 tournament.
- With three made 3-pointers, Matt Bradley moved up to 10th on Cal's all-time list with 155 for his career.
- The Bears improved to 8-2 when scoring 70 points or more, and 3-1 when holding their opponent under 60 points this season.
- After five consecutive games with less than 10 points, Ryan Betley notched his second straight double-figure effort Wednesday. He scored 13 points on 4-of-5 shooting, including three 3-pointers.
- Cal shot 52.9 percent from 3-point range (9-of-17), tying its best mark of the season (CSUN, Dec. 19).