Gym Devils Wrap Up Regular Season in Boise
TEMPE, Ariz - Heading back on the road for the final regular season meet, No. 10 Sun Devil Gymnastics travels to No. 18 Boise State for a top-20 competition on Friday night.
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (5-4)
- After a big meet celebrating senior day and facing in-state rival Arizona, the Sun Devils took home a victory for the third meet in a row and earned a team score over 196.000 for the fifth meet in a row. The Sun Devils also obtained the Territorial Cup point against the Wildcats.
- Senior Cairo Leonardo-Baker finished her time in Desert Financial Arena strong with a 9.900 for the bars title and a 9.900 on floor, clinching the win for Arizona State. She has scored a 9.900 or better nine times this season with two events titles, one on bars and one on floor.
- Against Arizona, sophomore Hannah Scharf won the all-around title for the third meet in a row and won the floor title. She is currently ranked No. 14 in the all-around on Road to Nationals. She has six all-around titles, four floor titles and two beam titles this season. She also has earned career highs on bars, beam, floor and in the all-around and has matched her career best on vault.
- Freshman Anaya Smith has been a rock for the Gym Devils on vault. She has scored at least a 9.875 on vault for the last six meets and has five vault titles to her name.
Boise State (8-2)
- Coming off a victory for their tri-meet this past weekend, the Broncos have picked up four wins in the last three meets.
- Currently ranked No.18 in the nation, Boise State is ending the season strong with NQS scores surpassing 49.000 on all four events. The Broncos' strongest event is on bars where they are ranked No. 11, one spot behind the Gym Devils.
- Having not competed against Boise State since 2006, Arizona State looks for a second win against the Broncos in program history.
How to Watch
The two squads will compete this Friday at Extramile Arena in Idaho at 7 p.m. MST. The meet will be available for fans to watch via live stream. As always, updates can also be found on live scoring and on Twitter (@SunDevilGym).