Wildcats Top Wichita State As Win Streak Reaches 10
TUCSON, Ariz. — For the first time in 368 days, fans entered Hi Corbett Field to watch the Arizona Wildcats (11-2) take the field. The Cats delivered a strong 8-5 victory over the visiting Wichita State Shockers (6-4) to run their win streak into double digits.
Arizona 10th consecutive win was fueled by an incredible bounce-back performance from starting pitcher Chase Silseth (3-0). Over 7.0 innings of work — a season-high for any Wildcat starter — he allowed just one earned run on five hits while striking out six and issuing no walks.
The Arizona offense produced eight runs on 12 base knocks despite just one of their hits going for extra bases, a double from freshman Jacob Berry. The Cats jumped out to a 5-0 lead in the bottom of the third inning and never looked back. A pair of insurance runs in the fifth and another in the seventh helped seal the series-opening victory.
- DH Jacob Berry: 3-for-4, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI
- CF Donta Williams: 3-for-5, R, RBI
- RF Ryan Holgate: 3-for-5, R, RBI
- 1B Branden Boissiere: 0-for-2, R, 3 BB
- 3B Tony Bullard: 1-for-2, 2 R, RBI, BB, HBP
- RHP Preston Price: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 K, Save
Number of the Day
- Designated hitter Ryan Holgate notched his first three-hit game of the year. He now leads the team with 10 multi-hit performances in 13 games.
Photo of the Day
Tweet of the Day
— Arizona Baseball (@ArizonaBaseball) March 12, 2021
Arizona plays to secure a series win over Wichita State on Friday night at Hi Corbett Field. First pitch is again set for 6:00 p.m. MST.