Arizona Drops Game Two to Wichita State, 10-9
TUCSON, Ariz. — The Arizona Wildcats (11-3) saw their extended win streak come to an end Friday night on a 10-9 loss to the Wichita State Shockers (7-4).
The Wildcats and Shockers will now play a rubber match on Saturday to determine the winner of the three-game series.
Wichita State opened the scoring with five runs in the top of the second, but Arizona quickly responded with four in the bottom of the frame and two more to take the lead in the third. The back-and-forth affair featured four lead changes, with the Shockers ultimately winning it with two runs in the seventh.
Arizona starting pitcher Chandler Murphy allowed eight runs, just four of which were earned, on five hits across 3.2 innings. He did not factor into the decision.
- C Daniel Susac: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
- 1B Branden Boissiere: 3-for-4, 3 R, 2B, RBI, BB
- LF Mac Bingham: 2-for-5, 2 R
- 3B Tony Bullard: 1-for-5, 2 RBI
- LHP Ian Churchill: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 1 K
- RHP Vince Vannelle: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 K
- LHP Riley Cooper: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R
Number of the Night
- Despite going hitless at the plate, second baseman Kobe Kato managed to reach base five times in Friday night with four walks and one hit by pitch.
Photo of the Night
Tweet of the Night
— Arizona Baseball (@ArizonaBaseball) March 13, 2021
Arizona and Wichita State conclude their three-game set on Saturday night at 6:00 p.m.