Ducks Sweep No.47 Colorado
EUGENE – The Oregon Ducks beat the No.47 Colorado Buffaloes, 7-0, Friday afternoon in Eugene.
The Ducks advance to 8-2 overall (2-1 Pac-12). Colorado falls to 7-4 on the year with a 1-2 record in conference play. The Buffs came to Eugene after a big win last weekend against No.12 ranked Cal at home. The Ducks were too much for the Buffs though, taking every match in doubles and singles. This was Oregon's home conference opener coming off a big road win last weekend against Arizona in Tucson.
In doubles competition, Sara Nayar and Fleur Eggink lost 6-2 to Rifanty Kahfiani and Uxia Moral Martinez in the No.1 doubles matchup, while Maria Campos and Ky Ecton lost 6-4 to Allison Mulville and Julia Eshet in No.3 matchup. Megan Forster and Antonia Balzert played No.2 doubles but did not finish their match as Oregon quickly got out to a 1-0 lead taking the point in doubles.
The Ducks did not stop there, going on to win each match in singles play. Buffs No.1, Nayar lost 6-2, 6-0 to Janice Tjen. Oregon only dropped one set the whole match, when Campos took the first set off Moral Martinez in No.4 singles. Campos kept it tight after winning the first set 6-4, but would go on to lose 4-6, 6-4, 10-5 in the third set tiebreaker. It was a tough day for the Buffs as Balzert fell to Lillian Mould 6-1, 7-6(5) in the No.2 singles match and Forster lost 6-1, 6-4 to Kahfiani in No.3 singles match. The Ducks went on to pick up two more points in singles as Eggink fell to Mulville 7-5, 6-0 in the No.5 singles match and Ecton was defeated by Eshet 6-3, 6-1 in No.6 match.
The Buffs will be back in action Wednesday, March 17th, when they host New Mexico back in Boulder at 11a.m. New Mexico is coming in at 5-2 overall with a win last week over Grand Canyon.
Oregon 7, #47 Colorado 0
1. Tjen, Janice (ORE) def. Sara Nayar (COLO) 6-2, 6-0
2. Mould, Lillian (ORE) def. Antonia Balzert (COLO) 6-1, 7-6 (7-5)
3. Kahfiani, Rifanty (ORE) def. Megan Forster (COLO) 6-1, 6-4
4. Martinez Moral, Uxia (ORE) def. Maria Campos (COLO) 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-5)
5. Mulville, Allison (ORE) def. Fleur Eggink (COLO) 7-5, 6-0
6. Eshet, Julia (ORE) def. Ky Ecton (COLO) 6-3, 6-1
1. Kahfiani, Rifanty/Martinez Moral, Uxia (ORE) def. Sara Nayar/Fleur Eggink (COLO)
2. Mould, Lillian/Tjen, Janice (ORE) vs. Megan Forster/Antonia Balzert (COLO) 5-4,
3. Mulville, Allison/Eshet, Julia (ORE) def. Maria Campos/Ky Ecton (COLO) 6-4