Beavers To Face Buffs In Pac-12 Tournament Championship Game
THE GAME: Oregon State (16-12, 10-10 Pac-12) will face Colorado (22,-7, 14-6 Pac-12) at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday in the championship game of the Pac-12 Tournament at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on ESPN with Dave Pasch and Bill Walton calling the action.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State is the first team picked last in the Pac-12 preseason poll to advance to the conference championship game ... This is the second time Oregon State has advanced to the Pac-12 title game; the Beavers lost to No. 1-seed Arizona, 93-67, on March 13, 1988 in Tucson ... Ethan Thompson tied his career high with five 3-pointers in the semifinals win over Oregon; it's the third time in his 122-game career that he's made five triples in a game ... Zach Reichle leads the team and is fifth in the Pac-12 in assist/turnover ratio (2.18) ... Warith Alatishe has scored in double figures in eight of the last 10 games and has posted a double-double in three of the last four games ... Jarod Lucas is ninth in the nation in free throw percentage at 90.0% (90-for-100) ... Roman Silva leads the team in field goal percentage at 65.6% (61-for-93) ... Gianni Hunt shot a team-best 40.4% (19-for-47) from beyond the arc in Pac-12 play ... Rodrigue Andela is averaging 10.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in the first two Pac-12 Tournament games; he averaged 4.0 points and 4.2 boards during the regular season.
Pac-12 Tournament Notes: Oregon State is the No. 5 seed and will face the No. 3-seed Colorado Buffaloes at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday in the championship game at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
- Oregon State is 13-20 all-time in the Pac-12 Tournament; Colorado is 15-8.
- Wayne Tinkle is 5-5 all-time in the Pac-12 Tournament; Tad Boyle is 15-8.
- The No. 3 seed and No. 5 seed have never played each other in the Pac-12 Tournament.
- Oregon State is 0-3 against Colorado in the Pac-12 Tournament:
- March 9, 2013: Colorado 64, Oregon State 58
- March 11, 2015: Colorado 78, Oregon State 71
- March 14, 2019: Colorado 73, Oregon State 58
- Oregon State is 0-1 all-time in the Pac-12 Tournament championship game.
- March 13, 1988: No. 1 Arizona 93, No. 2 Oregon State 67
- Oregon State is 3-2 as the No. 5 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament:
- March 6, 1987: No. 4 California 64, No. 5 Oregon State 57
- March 10, 2005: No. 5 Oregon State 79, No. 4 UCLA 72
- March 11, 2005: No. 1 Arizona 90, No. 5 Oregon State 59
- March 11, 2021: No. 5 Oregon State 83, No. 4 UCLA 79
- March 12, 2021: No. 5 Oregon State 75, No. 1 Oregon 64
- Colorado swept the series this season:
- Feb. 8 in Boulder: Colorado 78, Oregon State 49
- Feb. 20 in Corvallis: Colorado 61, Oregon State 57
- Colorado leads the overall series over Oregon State, 18-9.
- Colorado is 3-0 in neutral site games.
- Oregon State is 6-5 in games played in Corvallis.
- Colorado is 10-3 in games played in Boulder.
- Colorado has won three-consecutive games in the series.
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).