No. 38 Washington State Edges Out Arizona
PULLMAN, Wash. - Arizona puts up another close match on the road, but eventually fall to No. 38 Washington State with a score of 2-4.
The Wildcats found themselves in another early hole to start the match, going down 2-0 once more. Abby Amos and Kayla Wilkins brought a much needed spark with a doubles win, which continued momentum for Wilkins as she held her own against the No. 55 ranked singles player. Khim Iglupas earned another win on Court 6 to edge the game closer. Jelena Lukic was the other Wildcat who scored before the match was clinched.
The Wildcats will play again on Tuesday, Mar. 16 against Idaho and Eastern Washington University at 2 p.m and 6:30 p.m MST.
1. Bayerlova/Sato (WSU def. Heynemans/Iglupas (Ariz.) 6-1
2. Ates/Lee (WSU) def. Lukic/Zandberg (Ariz.) 6-4
3. Amos/Wilkins (Ariz.) def. Jittakoat/Kumhom (WSU) 6-3
Order of Finish: 1,3,2
1. Kayla Wilkins (Ariz.) vs. No. 55 Micaela Bayerlova 5-7, 6-1, 3-5 unf.
2. Jelena Lukic (Ariz.) def. Hikaru Sato (WSU) 3-6, 7-5, 6-4
3. Fifa Kumhom (WSU) def. Abby Amos (Ariz.) 2-6, 6-1, 6-2
4. Pang Jittakoat (WSU) def. Talya Zandberg (Ariz.) 5-7, 7-5, 6-2
5. Savanna Ly-Nguyen (WSU) def. Gitte Heynemans (Ariz.) 6-1, 6-4
6. Khim Iglupas (Ariz.) def. Melisa Ates (WSU) 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
Order of Finish: 5,3,6,2,4