Beavers Set to Face San Diego State on Saturday
THE GAME: The Oregon State men's soccer team will return home Saturday for a matchup with San Diego State. The game is slated to start at 12:30 p.m.
FOLLOW ALONG: A live stream of Saturday's game will be available at OSUBeavers.com. Live stats for Saturday's match will be available at OSUBeavers.com and every match this season can be followed on Twitter at @BeaverMSoccer.
2021 SEASON: The Pac-12 delayed the start of the soccer season to February due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Oregon State is scheduled to play 13 matches in the campaign, including 10 conference games.
- Oregon State checks in at No. 7 in this week's Top Drawer Soccer National Ranking, and No. 4 in the United Soccer Coaches Poll.
- The Beavers are off to a 6-1 start for the first time since the team opened the 2014 season 6-1.
- OSU is 3-1 to start Pac-12 play for the first time since 2005.
- As of Monday, Gloire Amanda is the NCAA leader in total goals with nine
- Oregon State's 4-0 win over California on Saturday March 6 marked the team's first four-goal win over a conference opponent since OSU beat Cal 6-2 in 2014. It was the Beavers' first win by a score of 4-0 in a conference game since they topped Fresno State by that score in 2003.
- The Beavers were selected to finish third in the Pac-12 Preseason Coaches' Poll, receiving two first-place votes
- Sofiane Djeffal was named to the Top Drawer Soccer Preseason Bext XI First Team. Djeffal, Joel Walker and Joe Hafferty were all among Top Drawer Soccer's 100 Players to Watch.
- Oregon State returns 16 of its 24 goals and 24 of its 31 assists from last season.
- Oregon State has 13 international players on the squad this season, compared to 14 domestic players.
- Terry Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in Oregon State history.
- Gloire Amanda has scored nine goals in seven games, giving him the third-highest goals per-game averaged in the nation.
- Has three game-winning goals this season, already placing him in a tie for eighth on Oregon State's season list
- Oregon State is 19-11-3 all- time against San Diego State.
- The Beavers have won three-straight vs. the Aztecs
- Sofiane Djeffal tallied a goal and an assist against SDSU last season. Gloire Amanda also found the net against the Aztecs in 2019.
- Oregon State is 20-4-3 at home since the start of the 2018 season - Terry Boss' first season as head coach.
- Joe Hafferty as selected with 37th overall pick in the 2021 MLS SuperDraft. Hafferty was selected in the second round by Inter Miami, but was later traded to the Seattle Sounders.
- The Beavers have had 11 players taken in the MLS Draft all-time, headlined by No. 1 overall pick in 2010 Danny Mwanga and No. 2 overall pick in 2015 Khiry Shelton.