Pac-12 Baseball Weekly Awards - March 16, 2021
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Dylan Beavers, So., OF, CALIFORNIA (Paso Robles, Calif.)
4 GP, .375 AVG, .474 OBP, .813 SLG, 6 RBI, 2 HR, 5 R, 6 H, 2 BB
- Powered California to three wins in four games against Loyola Marymount at Evans Diamond.
- Two home runs in each of the final two games of the series, and now leads the Pac-12 with six total home runs.
- Extended his current reached-base streak to 17 (dating back to the Pac-12's previous baseball season) and has also extended his hit streak to nine games.
- The sophomore’s six RBIs pushed his season total to 19, ranking second in the Pac-12.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Robert Ahlstrom, Jr., LHP, OREGON (Eugene, Ore.)
1 GP, 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 10 K
- Finished with a career-high 10 strikeouts in a 7-0 win over No. 16 Oregon State in the opening game of a three-game non-conference series at Goss Stadium on Friday night.
- Ahlstrom, who dominated from the first pitch against the Beavers, allowed just three base runners in seven innings with none of them advancing past first base.
- After the second hit, Ahlstrom retired the next eight batters (five on strikeouts) before giving up a leadoff single in the top bottom of the fifth.
- At one point in the game, Ahlstrom retired 17-of-18 Beavers, including 10 on strikeouts, fanned multiple hitters in four different innings, and had four 1-2-3 innings.
Player of the Week: Donta Williams, ARIZ; Sean McLain, ASU; Kenyon Yovan, ORE; Nick Brueser, STAN; JT Schwartz, UCLA; Jamal O'Guinn, USC; Chase Fernlund, UTAH; Dalton Chandler, WASH.
Pitcher of the Week: Chase Silseth, ARIZ; Will Levine, ASU; Paulshawn Pasqualotto, CAL; Brendan Beck, STAN; Isaac Esqueda, USC; Kyle Robeniol, UTAH; Gabe Smith, WASH.
|Feb. 24||Ryan Ober, Oregon State||Jesse Bergin, UCLA|
|Mar. 2||Branden Boissiere, Arizona||Kevin Abel, Oregon State|
|Mar. 9||Kenyon Yovan, Oregon||Zane Mills, Washington State|
|Mar. 16||Dylan Beavers, California||Robert Ahlstrom, Oregon|