Pac-12 Women’s Volleyball Weekly Awards - March 16, 2021
Offensive Player of the Week: Magda Jehlarova, So., MB, WASHINGTON STATE (Prerov, Czech Republic)
2.43 KPS, .467 Pct., 0.71 DPS, 1.14 BPS, 3.0 PPS
- The sophomore led WSU to a series sweep of Oregon State last weekend.
- Hit .467 with 17 kills against just three errors on 30 swings as the Cougars rolled to the sweep in seven sets.
- 11 kills on 18 attacks with just two errors in WSU’s first match against OSU and hit .500 overall and added three total blocks.
- In the Cougars' second match, posted six kills, five blocks, four digs and hit .417 overall.
- Currently leads the Pac-12 in hitting percentage at .450 and is third in the Pac-12 in blocks per set at 1.23 and in solo blocks at 10.
Defensive Player of the Week: Lauren Sanders, Sr., MB, WASHINGTON (Snohomish, Wash.)
1.88 BPS, 1.13 KPS, 333 Pct.
- Totaled 15 blocks, including three solo, as Washington swept USC for the first time since 2014.
- In a 3-0 win on Sunday, Sanders had 10 blocks in just three sets, a career-best for a three-set match.
- It marked just the fifth time in the 25-point era that a Husky had 10 blocks in a three setter.
- Moved into a tie for fourth on the UW career blocks list with 492.
Freshman of the Week: Madi Endsley, Fr., OH, WASHINGTON (Temecula, Calif.)
3.38 KPS, .333 Pct., 0.63 DPS, 0.38 BPS, 4.1 PPS
- Hit .333 for the week with 3.38 kills per set as Washington swept the season series from USC for the first time since 2014.
- Set a new career-best with 18 kills in the five-set win on Friday, hitting .366 with just three errors on 41 attempts.
- In 3-0 sweep on Sunday, Endsley added nine kills and four aces.
Offensive: Paige Whipple, ARIZ; Shannon Shields, ASU; Leah Clayton, COLO; Mac May, UCLA; Dani Drews, UTAH; Madi Endsley, WASH.
Defensive: Emery Herman, ARIZ; Annika Larson, ASU; Jenna Ewert, COLO; Zoe Fleck, UCLA; Kennedi Evans, UTAH; Magda Jehlarova, WSU.
Freshman: Emery Herman, ARIZ; Marta Levinska, ASU; Maya Tabron, COLO; Kate Lane, UCLA; Julianna Dalton, WSU.