Beavers To Face Oklahoma State Sunday In Round of 32
THE GAME: Oregon State (18-12, 10-10 Pac-12) will face Oklahoma State (21-8, 11-7 Big 12) in the NCAA Tournament Round of 32 at 6:40 p.m. PT (9:40 p.m. ET) on Sunday at Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Ind.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on TBS with Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner calling the action and Dana Jacobson reporting from the sideline.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State won its first NCAA Tournament game since beating Idaho, 60-42, on March 18, 1982 in the West Regional Semifinals in Provo, Utah ... The Beavers are shooting 44.8% (39-for-87) from beyond the arc and limiting its opponent to 24.4% (22-for-90) from deep during the current four-game winning streak ... Six different players (Jarod Lucas, Gianni Hunt, Ethan Thompson twice, Warith Alatishe, Maurice Calloo, Roman Silva) have led Oregon State in scoring over the last seven games ... Ethan Thompson posted his fifth career double-double, and first this season, with 13 points and 10 rebounds against Tennessee ... Zach Reichle is shooting 50.0% (12-for-24) from beyond the arc over the last six games ... Warith Alatishe leads the Pac-12 with 13 double-figure rebounding games ... Jarod Lucas leads the Pac-12 and is 14th in the nation in free throw percentage at 88.9% (96-for-107) ... Roman Silva scored a career-high 16 points, going 8-for-8 from the field, and added a career-best three blocked shots against Tennessee.
NCAA Tournament Notes: Oregon State is the No. 12 seed and will play No. 4-seed Oklahoma State at 6:40 p.m. PT on Sunday:
- The Beavers are making their 18th appearance in the NCAA Tournament; it's their first since 2016 and just the second time since 1990.
- Oregon State is 13-20 all-time in NCAA Tournament games.
- The Beavers played in two Final Fours (1949 and 1963).
- Some Oregon State individual records in the NCAA Tournament include: 31 points by Gary Payton vs. Evansville (3/15/89); 21 rebounds by Mel Counts vs. Seattle (3/11/63); 10 assists by Gary Payton vs. Evansville (3/15/89); 7 steals by Charlie Neal vs. Middle Tennessee State (3/15/75); four 3-point field goals by Jarod Lucas vs. Tennessee (3/19/21); 45 minutes by Gary Payton vs. Evansville (3/15/89).
- Oregon State went 5-5 against teams in the NCAA Tournament (all Pac-12 opponents) with wins over Colorado, Oregon (twice), UCLA and USC. The losses came against Colorado (twice), Oregon, UCLA and USC.
- Oregon State is 5-2 all-time against Oklahoma State:
- March 19, 1949: Oklahoma State 55, Oregon State 30 (NCAA West Regional in Kansas City, Mo.)
- Dec. 22, 1967: Oregon State 49, Oklahoma State 48 (Phoenix, Ariz.)
- Dec. 4, 1970: Oregon State 69, Oklahoma State 63 (Corvallis, Ore.)
- Dec. 5, 1970: Oregon State 84, Oklahoma State 76 (Portland, Ore.)
- Dec. 10, 1971: Oregon State 76, Oklahoma State 72 (Stillwater, Okla.)
- Dec. 11, 1972: Oregon State 70, Oklahoma State 56 (Stillwater, Okla.)
- Nov. 24, 2014: Oklahoma State 66, Oregon State 53 (Las Vegas, Nev.)
- The No. 12 seed is 12-26 all-time against the No. 4 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- The Oregon State-Oklahoma State winner will play the winner of No. 1-seed Illinois and No. 8-seed Loyola Chicago.
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).