Cats Drop Series Finale to Bruins, 11-3
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — The Arizona Wildcats (13-6, 1-2) dropped their rubber match with the UCLA Bruins (12-6, 2-1) on a final score of 11-3 on Sunday afternoon at Jackie Robinson Stadium.
Arizona opened the scoring early with a two-run single from designated hitter Jacob Berry in the top of the first inning. The Bruins then went on to score in six consecutive innings, with a single Wildcat run mixed in on the tail end, to create the final margin of 11-3.
Starting pitcher TJ Nichols worked 2.2 innings and allowed two runs on four hits. He struck out four and did not factor into the decision.
- DH Jacob Berry: 1-for-3, 2 RBI
- 1B Branden Boissiere: 1-for-1, R, BB
- 3B Tony Bullard: 1-for-2, R, BB
- LF Mac Bingham: 0-for-1, 2 BB
- RHP Dawson Netz: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 3 K
Number of the Day
- With two runs in the first inning, the Wildcats extended their scoring streak to 128 consecutive games. Arizona has not suffered a shutout loss in over three calendar years,
Arizona completes their Los Angeles road trip with a game at Loyola Marymount on Monday. First pitch is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. MST.