Arizona Finishes Road Trip with Loss
NORMAN, Okla. - No. 28 Oklahoma handed the Wildcats their fourth loss of the season with a score of 4-1.
The Wildcats stumbled in doubles, allowing for a quick lead for the Sooners. No. 50 Jonas Ziverts took care of business on court one while No. 105 Gustaf Strom pushed his game to three sets before the match ended. This loss is the third straight for No. 15 Arizona, all against ranked teams. The Wildcats will return for an important two-game homestand against their conference rivals, USC and UCLA.
1. Han/Martinez (OU) def. Middleton/Ziverts (ARIZ) 6-2
2. Beiler/Emburgh (OU) vs. Hassey/Reguant (ARIZ) 4-3, unfinished
3. Stewart/Mandlik (OU) def. Malbasic/Strom (ARIZ) 6-3
Order of finish: 1, 3
1. No. 50 Jonas Ziverts (ARIZ) def. Jake Van Emburgh (OU) 6-3, 6-3
2. No. 69 Mason Beiler (OU) def. No. 54 Filip Malbasic (ARIZ) 6-2, 6-1
3. No. 105 Gustaf Strom (ARIZ) vs. Alex Martinez (OU) 0-6, 6-4, 2-0, unf.
4. Nathan Han (OU) vs. Alejandro Reguant (ARIZ) 6-4, 1-4, unf.
5. Mark Mandlik (OU) def. Carlos Hassey (ARIZ) 6-1, 6-4
6. Welsh Hotard (OU) def. Nick Lagaev (ARIZ) 6-3, 6-4
Order of finish: 2, 1, 6, 5