Men’s Tennis Outlasted by UCLA
LOS ANGELES – On the road for the first time this season, and for the first of two consecutive matches in Los Angeles, Stanford men's tennis dropped a tight bout to UCLA, 4-3.
The Cardinal got out to an early lead with a sweep in doubles play. Arthur Fery and Alexandre Rotsaert finished with a 6-4 win on court two, and the pair was immediately followed by Neel Rajesh and Timothy Sah on court three, 7-5. Tristan Boyer and Axel Geller finished off their opponents in a tiebreaker, as Stanford won the doubles point for the third-straight contest to start the season.
UCLA fought back with four wins in singles play to earn the win. Boyer picked up a convincing 6-2, 6-2 victory on court four, while Arthur Fery gave the team some life with a late triumph in three sets.
Stanford continues its trip to Los Angeles on Tuesday, March 23 at USC. First serve is set for noon.
1) Boyer/Geller (STAN) d. Bryce Pereira/Smith (UCLA), 7-6 (3)
2) Fery/Rotsaert (STAN) d. Baird/Nanda (UCLA), 6-4
3) Neel Rajesh/Sah (STAN) d. Roscoe Bellamy/Tsolakyan (UCLA), 7-5
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 1
1) No. 10 Keegan Smith (UCLA) d. No. 20 Axel Geller (STAN), 6-1, 7-5
2) No. 22 Govind Nanda (UCLA) d. No. 3 Alexandre Rotsaert (STAN), 4-6, 6-2, 6-2
3) No. 94 Arthur Fery (STAN) d. Drew Baird (UCLA), 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
4) No. 119 Tristan Boyer (STAN) d. Ben Goldberg (UCLA), 6-2, 6-2
5) No. 109 Sam Feit (UCLA) d. Timothy Sah (STAN), 6-4, 7-5
6) Matthew Tsolakyan (UCLA) d. Aryan Chaudhary (STAN), 6-3, 6-2
Order of Finish: 6, 4, 1, 5, 3, 2