Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - March 23, 2021
Player and Freshman of the Week: Maya Brady, Fr., UT, UCLA (Thousand Oaks, Calif.)
- Highlighted UCLA’s series sweep of then-No. 6 Arizona State to begin Pac-12 play, hitting a home run in each of the series’ last three games.
- Reached base on 10-of-12 plate appearances, recording six hits and drawing three walks.
- Knocked in a career-high six runs in the series finale, including an opposite-field grand slam in the Bruins’ 9-0 win.
- Recorded a phenomenal diving catch in the top of the first inning on Sunday, robbing a Sun Devil of extra bases.
Pitcher of the Week: Rachel Garcia, R-Sr., P, UCLA (Palmdale, Calif.)
- Earned two wins during UCLA’s four-game sweep of Arizona State, starting game one and entering game three in relief.
- Tied a career-high with 14 strikeouts across eight innings in the series opener, striking out the side on three occasions.
- Surrendered her first run of the season in 24 innings, leaving her earned-run average at a sparkling 0.29 with 49 strikeouts.
- Struck out seven more hitters in 5.2 innings on Sunday, allowing just two hits.
Player of the Week: Haley Cruse, Oregon; Frankie Hammoude, Oregon State; Taylor Gindlesperger, Stanford; Baylee Klingler, Washington.
Pitcher of the Week: Brooke Yanez, Oregon; Mariah Mazon, Oregon State; Alana Vawter, Stanford; Gabbie Plain, Washington.
Freshman of the Week: Alyssa Brito, Oregon; Charity Sevaatasi, Oregon State; Regan Krause, Stanford.