Gameday: Baseball At Washington (3/27/21)
GAME 21: Oregon State (15-5, 3-1) vs. Washington (8-11, 0-4)
March 27, 2021 • 2:00 p.m. PT • Seattle, Wash. • Husky Ballpark
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State continues its series with Washington Saturday afternoon at Husky Ballpark in Seattle. First pitch is scheduled for 2 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
A live video stream, produced by Washington, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Kevin Abel, Joey Mundt, Chase Watkins and Jake Mulholland combined to throw a no-hitter Friday night as Oregon State opened its series at Washington with a 3-0 win at Husky Ballpark. Abel threw six no-hit innings, followed by Mundt, Watkins and Mulholland, who all threw an inning apiece. Mulholland closed out the game for his sixth save of the season. Jake Dukart led the 11-hit Oregon State attack with three of his own, while Garret Forrester and Kyler McMahan each drove in runs.
• The no-hitter Friday marked the seventh in Oregon State's history, and fifth since the 2007 season.
• It was Oregon State's first since Drew Rasmussen tossed a perfect game against Washington State on March 21, 2015.
• It was the first combined no-no for the Beavers since 2007 against Hawai'i-Hilo (Mike Stutes, Josh Keller, Mark Grbavac and Jorge Reyes).
• There have now been 14 no-hitters thrown by Pac-12 teams since 2007; five of them have been Oregon State. That's 35.7 percent.
• Oregon State's pitching staff has thown back-to-back shutouts via a 9-0 win over Santa and Friday's 3-0 victory.
• The staff has combined to hold opponents to three hits over the two games, and has 24 strikeouts in 18 innings.
Armstrong To Four Straight
• Andy Armstrong picked up his ninth multi-hit effort of the season Friday after totaling a pair of hits in the win.
• Armstrong's nine multi-hit efforts lead the team.
• The senior is on a four-game hit streak, where he is 8-for-15 with three RBI, a double and a home run.
• The Beavers won their fifth consecutive game over the Huskies.
• OSU has also won six consecutive games in Seattle, with three going for shutouts. The Beavers have held UW to three runs or less in five of those six games.
• Jake Mulholland's save Friday was the 36th of his career, putting him one shy of tying Kevin Gunderson (2004-06) for the all-time OSU record.
• OSU is 9-2 in day games.