Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - March 30, 2021
Player of the Week: Alyssa Palomino-Cardoza, 5th Yr., OF, ARIZONA (Mission Viejo, Calif.)
- Led Arizona to a four-game sweep over Oregon State, reaching base in 12 of her 15 plate appearances (.800 OBP) and scoring nine runs.
- Recorded five extra-base hits - two doubles, a triple and a pair of home runs, highlighted by multi-homer performance in game three of the series.
- Set a new season-high with six RBIs in game three, punctuated by a game-ending grand slam in the bottom of the fifth inning.
- Second Pac-12 Player of the Week honor in 2021.
Pitcher and Freshman of the Week: Makenna Kliethermes, Fr., P, OREGON (Wardsville, Mo.)
- No-hit LMU across seven spectacular innings, completing the 34th no-hitter in program history.
- Struck out 15 batters and walked just one, becoming the fourth Oregon pitcher to have at least 15 strikeouts in a no-hit performance.
- Struck out the first six hitters of the game and struck out the side in the final frame to seal the Ducks’ 3-0 victory.
- First career Pac-12 Pitcher and Freshman of the Week honors.
Player of the Week: Kindra Hackbarth, Arizona State; Alyssa Brito, Oregon; Frankie Hammoude, Oregon State; Taylor Gindlesperger, Stanford; Morganne Flores, Washington.
Pitcher of the Week: Regan Krause, Stanford.
Freshman of the Week: Janelle Meono, Arizona; Charity Sevaaetasi, Oregon State; Regan Krause, Stanford; Jadelyn Allchin, Washington.