Baseball Opens Five-Game Homestand Thursday
GAME 24: Oregon State (18-5, 5-1) vs. Utah (5-13, 2-4)
April 1, 2021 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Jack Washburn (3-0, 1.38) vs. RHP Justin Kelly (0-4, 5.35)
Oregon State opens a three-game series with Utah Thursday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is scheduled for 5:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
The game can also be found online by visiting OSUBeavers.com; click on the schedule link for a direct link to live video.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Ryan Ober and Jacob Melton each homered and Oregon State's pitching staff combined for 16 strikeouts in a 7-1 win over Portland Tuesday night. Ober hit a three-run home in the third to put the Beavers up for good, while Melton hit his first career long ball in the seventh to cap off Oregon State's offensive night. Brock Townsend earned his first win after striking out eight in 3 1/3 innings of scoreless relief.
End Of March
• Oregon State finished the month of March with an 11-4 record, including a 4-0 mark on the road.
• Oregon State batted .274 with 36 extra-base hits in the month. The Beavers scored 82 runs, an average of 5.5 per game.
• OSU, on the mound, allowed 41 runs - 2.7 per game average - while sporting a 2.73 earned run average. The staff struck out 176 batters in 135 innings while allowing 95 hits and 53 walks. That's a WHIP of 1.09.
Washburn Making Second Start
• Jack Washburn is slated to make his second start and eighth appearance of the season on Thursday.
• Washburn, who is 3-0 with a 1.38 ERA, has held opponents to just one hit and two walks in his last nine innings of work. He has struck out 14 over that stretch.
Ober's Past Four
• Ryan Ober extended his hit streak to four games with a 3-for-4 night at Portland, where he homered, doubled and drove in three runs.
• Ober is 8-for-17 during the streak with eight runs scored, five RBI, three walks, three doubles and a home run.
• Oregon State's bullpen has excelled, most recently limiting Portland to two hits while striking out 11 in 6 1/3 scoreless innings.
• The bullpen has a 2.04 ERA in 101 1/3 innings this season. OSU's relievers have combined for 115 strikeouts to 64 hits and 33 walks - a WHIP of 0.96.
• OSU ranks first in the Pac-12 and third nationally with a 2.35 ERA. Only USC Upstate (2.23) and Vanderbilt (2.27) rank ahead.
• The Beavers are also first in the Pac-12 with 10.9 strikeouts per nine innings.
• OSU is second in the Pac-12 and fourth nationally with a .988 fielding percentage.