Gameday: Baseball Vs. Utah (4/2/21)
GAME 25: Oregon State (19-5, 5-1) vs. Utah (5-14, 2-5)
April 2, 2021 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Kevin Abel (2-3, 2.93) vs. LHP Kyle Robeniol (1-2, 3.92)
Oregon State continues its series with Utah Friday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is scheduled for 5:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the TuneIn application, which is available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will not be broadcast.
The game can also be found online by visiting OSUBeavers.com; click on the schedule link for a direct link to live video.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Jake Dukart went 4-for-4 and Jacob Melton posted three hits, including a triple, to pace Oregon State to a 4-3 win over Utah Thursday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. Dukart drove in a run during OSU's three-run fifth, which saw the Beavers go ahead for good on a sacrifice fly by Troy Claunch. OSU scored its fourth run of the game on a wild pitch. The OSU bullpen combined to allow three hits and a run in 5 1/3 innings/
Mully Ties Gundy
• Jake Mulholland's save Thursday night was the seventh of his season and 37th of his career. That ties him with Kevin Gunderson (2004-06) for the most all-time at Oregon State.
• That also pushes Mulholland into a tie for fourth all-time in the Pac-12 record books. The two trail Jack Krawczyk (49 saves at USC 1995-98), David Berg (49 saves at UCLA from 2012-15) and Jimmie Sherfy (40 saves at Oregon from 2011-13) for the most in Pac-12 history.
• Mulholland now has three wins and a save in seven career games versus Utah.
Melton On A Four-Game Streak
• Jacob Melton extended his hit streak to four games with his 3-for-4 effort in the opener.
• Notably, Melton is 10-for-14 (.714) over the four games. He has a triple, a home run and two runs batted in during the streak.
• Oregon State's pitching staff struck out 11 Thursday night.
• The Beavers' staff has reached double-figure strikeout totals in 18 of the team's 24 games played this season. It has done three straight, six of the last seven and eight of 10.
• OSU leads the Pac-12 with 261 total strikeouts and with 10.88 strikeouts per nine innings.
• Oregon State improved to 7-0 when wear its black uniforms.
• Kevin Abel, Friday's starter, is the reigning Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week after throwing six hitless innings in the Beavers' combined no-hitter last week at Washington.
• OSU improved to 13-0-1 all-time versus Utah in Corvallis.
• The Beavers' six-game win streak is tied for the fourth-longest active streak nationally.
• OSU remains in first place in the Pac-12, one game ahead of USC, which is 5-2.
• OSU is 9-3 in night games.