Huskies Fall To No. 16 Trojans, 4-0
LOS ANGELES – Washington men's tennis dropped a 4-0 decision to 16th-ranked USC today at Marks Stadium. The Huskies were making headway at the one, three, and five singles courts but the Trojans earned straight set victories at two, four, and six and paired those with the doubles point for the win.
Washington (9-8, 0-4 Pac-12) gave its doubles lineup a shakeup but the Trojans (15-5, 3-1 Pac-12) jumped out to quick leads at one and three. Jack Davis teamed with Thibault Cancel at No. 1 doubles but it was a tough first outing against the No. 2-ranked USC pair of Cukierman/Smith as USC won, 6-2. The Trojans had a 6-0 win at No. 3 with Jackson/Weststrate over Ewen Lumsden and Han-Chih Lin.
In singles play, Davis was the one Husky to win his first set, getting a 6-4 win over Bradley Frye. But Frye took the second set by the same score and their match was suspended when USC clinched. At that time, No. 1 Husky Clement Chidekh was at 5-all in his second set after dropping the first to 26th-ranked Daniel Cukierman, and Jack Pulliam was also at 5-5 in his second set at No. 5 singles, having lost the first, against Jake Sands.
Ewen Lumsden battled hard at No. 2 singles against 87th-ranked Stefan Dostanic, but the 7-5, 6-3 win for Dostanic was the fourth and clinching point.
The Huskies will be back in action tomorrow at 1 p.m. against 36th-ranked UCLA.
Washington Men's Tennis
April 2, 2021
Marks Stadium | Los Angeles, Calif.
Washington – 0
#16 USC – 4
1. (#73) Clement Chidekh (UW) vs. (#26) Daniel Cukierman (USC) – 1-6, 5-5 DNF
2. (#87) Stefan Dostanic (USC) def. Ewen Lumsden (UW) – 7-5, 6-3
3. Jack Davis (UW) vs. Bradley Frye (USC) – 6-4, 4-6 DNF
4. Lodewijk Weststrate (USC) def. Han-Chih Lin (UW) – 6-1, 6-3
5. Jack Pulliam (UW) vs. Jake Sands (USC) – 3-6, 5-5 DNF
6. Ryder Jackson (USC) def. Adam Torocsik (UW) – 6-1, 6-2
Order of finish: 6, 4, 2
1. (#2) Cukierman/Smith (USC) def. Cancel/Davis (UW) – 6-2
2. Alvarez/Chidekh (UW) vs. Dostanic/Frye (USC) – 2-5 DNF
3. Jackson/Weststrate (USC) def. Lumsden/Lin (UW) – 6-0
Order of finish: 3, 1