USC Track & Field Wins Combined 9 Events On Final Day Of Florida Relays, Stanford Invitational
Anna Cockrell in the women's 100m hurdles, Isaiah Jewett in the men's 800m, Kaelin Roberts in the women's 400m, Jordan Scott in the men's triple jump and TeeTee Terry in the women's 100m dash all won events to lead the Trojans in the final day of the Florida Relays in Gainesville, Fla. today (April 3). Karlee Freeman won the women's discus throw and Matthew Katnik the men's shot put on the final day of the Stanford Invitational in Palo Alto, Calif. today.
- The Trojans began the day with the 100m hurdles which ended with Cockrell winning with a time of 12.89 (+0.8), Jasmine Jones second with a PR of 12.91 (+0.8) to move from eighth to seventh on USC's all-time list and Mecca McGlason eighth with a time of 13.46 (+0.8). The three advanced to the finals with Jones running 13.04(+0.7), Cockrell 13.13 (+0.3) and McGlaston 13.34 (+0.3).
- The women's 4x100m relay team of McGlaston, Nicole Yeargin, Lanae-Tava Thomas and TeeTee Terry won with a season-best time of 43.46. The men's 4x100m relay team of Eric Allen Jr., Davonte Burnett, Kenan Christon and Brendon Stewart did not finish.
- Jewett won the men's 800m with a collegiate-leading time of 1:46.99. Sam VanDorpe took third in the men's 800m with a slight PR of 1:48.85.
- Scott won the men's triple jump with the third-farthest jump in school history of 55-7.75/16.98 (+0.9). Jalyn Jackson finished fourth in the triple jump with a PR of 52-0.50 /15.86 (+1.3).
- Roberts won the women's 400m with a PR of 51.23 which bettered her fourth-place standing on USC's all-time list. Bailey Lear took second in the 400m with a PR of 51.57 which moved her to seventh on USC's all-time list. Nicole Yeargin ran a PR of 52.09 to place fourth as USC had six of the top 12 finishers. Also, Kyra Constantine finished sixth with a time of 52.22, Jan'Taijah Ford was ninth with a time of 52.70 and Rae-Anne Serville was 12th with a time of 53.67.
- Terry won the women's 100m dash with a time of 11.08 (+2.0).
- The men's 4x400m relay team of Allen Jr., Brian Herron, Cameron Samuel and Jewett won with a season-best time of 3:04.05.
- The women's 4x400m relay team of Lear, Ford, Constantine and Kimberly Harris took second with a season-best time of 3:30.54.
- Temi Ojora placed second in the women's triple jump with a PR of 43-2.25/13.16m (+0.0). Her jump moved her from ninth to tied for sixth on USC's all-time list with current strength and conditioning coach Tatyana (Obukhova) McMahon. It was the farthest triple jump by a USC woman since 2013.
- Morgan Smalls tied for second in the women's high jump with a clearance of 5-8.75 (1.75m).
- Tade Ojora took fourth in the men's 110m hurdles final with a season-best time of 13.71 (-1.3). Ojora reached the final by running 13.84 (+0.6) in the prelims earlier in the day.
- Jemima Russell placed fourth with a time of 2:05.60 and Alyssa Brewer finished sixth with a time of 2:06.89 in the women's 800m.
- Brian Herron placed fifth in the men's 400m with a college-best time of 46.46, while Nicholas Ramey was 15th with a time of 47.39 and Ashton Allen was 22nd with a college-best time of 48.58.
- Daniel Robinson had a time of 10.83 (-0.4) to finish 18th in the men's 100m dash.
- Freeman won the women's discus throw with a best mark of 171-9 (52.36m).
- Katnik won the men's shot put with a mark of 63-5.50 (19.34m) and McKay Johnson took fifth with a mark of 57-11.75 (17.67m).