Arizona Women's Basketball Welcome Back Celebration Information
We want to congratulate the team and welcome the Cats back to Tucson! We invite fans to Arizona Stadium to celebrate the team and show support tomorrow, Monday, April 5 at 12:00 p.m. (MST)
- Event: Welcome Back Event
- Location: Arizona Stadium
- Date: Monday, April 5
- Time: 12:00 p.m. MST | Gates Open at 10:00 a.m. (Updated start time due to travel delay) *We encourage fans to arrive closer to 11:00 - 11:30 a.m. to limit time waiting in stadium in projected 90 degree heat
- Entry Gates: Gate 2, Gate 3, Gate 4, and Gate 6 (See this map for gate locations at Arizona Stadium)
- Parking: Fans should park in South Stadium Garage or South of Sixth Street lots. We ask that all attendees arrive from the south to avoid congesting traffic at the University of Arizona's COVID-19 vaccination P.O.D. located on the University Mall between Cherry and Campbell.
- Fan Attendance: Attendance will be limited to 15% capacity in Arizona Stadium
- Seating: Fans will be expected to maintain proper social distancing measures throughout Arizona Stadium. Seating will be restricted to the East side of the stadium. Members of a family can be grouped together and must keep a 6 foot radius from other individuals.
- Concessions: Concessions stands will not be open. Sealed non-alcoholic beverages and small snacks (granola bars, chips, etc.) will be permitted. Full meals, peanuts, sunflower seeds, and tobacco will not be permitted.
- Bus Route: If fans do not wish to enter Arizona Stadium, fans may line up along the bus route to welcome the team buses back to campus. The team bus will travel northbound on Campbell, turn west onto Fred Enke Dr, head north on Cherry Ave., and finish westbound on 4th before arriving at Arizona Stadium. Attendees will be required to follow all campus protocols including wearing masks and social distancing.
- Live Stream: Can't make it to the event? The 'Welcome Back' event will be live streamed on the Arizona Athletics Facebook page.
This event is being hosted in coordination with the Pima County Health Department, the University of Arizona and Arizona Athletics. While in attendance at Arizona Stadium, all fans will be required to follow University of Arizona campus protocols as well as state and local health guidelines, which include but are not limited to:
- Wearing a mask at all times
- Successfully Completing the University of Arizona's Daily Wellness Check on the day of the event prior to arriving and showing completion to event staff before entering the facility. Additional Wellness Check assistance will be available at entry gates as needed.
- To expedite entry, please limit bringing bags to the event. Fans will need to adhere to the Arizona Athletics clear bag policy
- Sitting in the designated seating areas while maintaining social distancing at all times except for the use of restrooms
We request that all fans planning to attend, RSVP by clicking here so we can plan accordingly.